drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:xmas-cool: The Annual Retrobike Christmas Ride 2015 :xmas-cool:

The Turkey Twizzler ~ Cannock Chase

:: Date: Sunday 27th December 2015
:: Distance/time: 18 miles or so spread out over a day's riding with plenty of stops, moaning and banter. Several short cut options available too.
:: Meeting at: Birches Valley Car Park, Cannock Chase. Please arrive by 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start.
:: Directions: Postcode: WS15 2UQ
:: Terrain: Forest trails, mainly man made. Snow, ice and pools of stinking mud with occasional outbreaks of sunshine.
:: Route: The main ride will be the 'Monkey Trail' which we should complete by mid afternoon.
After a stop for food we always say we we'll head off for some more riding and perhaps a bit of off piste stuff. We probably won't though depending on the quality of the mince pies, mulled wine and old bicycle tat on display.

RB-Cannock-01.jpg

Here it is again. The Cannock Turkey Twizzler announcement thread returns for it's third consecutive years. I haven't evengot any new photos to include this time either.
Maybe one year I'll write something else other than what follows...

It's the day after Boxing Day and you'll no doubt still be bitterly disappointed about the lack of a quality Retrobike novelty hats in your Xmas stocking. You'll probably want to drown your sorrows in fizzy beer and consume your own body weight in mince pies and mulled wine.But all that would be sheer indulgence...
This will be the perfect opportunity to escape from the Xmas food fest and punish yourself with some crisp dirt shunting in the glorious Cannockshire mud/snow/ice/dust.*
*delete according to weather conditions

This ride has attracted nearly 50 riders in the past so it's a great place to put some faces to those forum names.

After some riding there just might be a fine selection of mulled wine, mince pies and maybe some beer.
There will also probably be a bit of a cycle jumble going on after the ride too, so bring along any bits you want to swap, sell or give away as part of the festivities.

There will probably (probably won't) be a few people keen to get there for an 8am 'early bird' ride. For the rest it's a 10am meet up with a 10:30am ride start.

Ignore any warnings of dire apocalyptic weather. It's always sunny at Cannock.

Please sign up on this thread!

RB-Cannock-03.jpg

It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. (probably) :xmas-cool:

'This is snow last year' or 'it was snowy last year'?

Thinking on a bike build to make something suitable for huge amounts of mud/ chain/ cassette/ arse interaction

Are beards mandatory? Should I talk it up like last year only to fall off my garage roof and not turn up?

Re:

Beards and Etto helmets are of course mandatory, along with matching Retrobike kits and stupid grins.
The only reason I wasn't there last year was the lack of stupid grin.
I think I was in Sweden or something...

Looking forward to the festivities this year.

Re:

Should be there. Just need to work out what bike I'll be on...and what it will be built with...

Back