Great weekend, course much better than last year IMO.
Good to see the old faces and new ones too.
Key memories for me..
- Realising that this huge area was full of rerobikers tents. impressive
- Hilts strangely having identical food stuffs to me packed. Right down to the custardy mulle rice.
- The first lap which was more a chat about tea and cake as I rode round with JV
- Following people who had the bike handling skills of a slug, and seeing them slip/fall/slide/swear at every bend
- Realising that conti 1.5 are THE best tyres for MM. period. Made the mud fun
- Seeing fellow RB on course, gives a great feeling seeing someone you know.
- Having to Q for showers at 2am, wtf??
- Having every other person, inlcuding some of the elite riders commenting on the disco
'That sounds SO cool'
- Trying to actually look at the new Yeti ASR-c, but getting nowhere as guy was more interested in photoing the Goat
- Great pasty shop
- Taking the RC35 to the max with tyre/crown clashes
- Starting at top of steep grassy DH, seeing someone looking 'bad' at the bottom. You know its bad when you say 'are you alright?' and get no answer...move his bike only to see next 8 people crash and burn big stylee down same part (see slug handling comment above - it was really not hard even though it was 1am)
- Ed, ever the hero
- Kevs 'still lives with his mom' comment at the start line from the commentator. class.
- JVs mum, providing food for the masses as always
- Nobbers stopped on the outside of the tight steep hairpin, meaning a sort of turny endo with arse over the back manouvre needed to go past them
- Drinking red bull on course at 1am, actually tasted good
. Though they said it was with vodka. Think they were lieing..
Think thats about it for now, sure theres more.