john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just arrived back home.

Great weekend, thanks to all those who made it to MM to ride and support :D

Although the results are TBC it looks like the Sport Casual team took a beautiful win in the inter-retrobike trophy, easily beating the Sports and Solo riders and probably overhauling the Elite team thanks to through the night dedication.

Will write more later when the bikes are clean and car unloaded

Top few days chaps, superb company and lots of interest shown in the stand and the splendid and varied collection of bikes on display.

The support from the retrobike massive for every rider on the course was incredible and although it seems almost unfair to single out one person special mention has to go to Max.

A few choice quotes (none from Retrobikers I must add):

"I'm only doing this to prove to myself that I am still virile"

"Own the hill"

"Chris Chance deserves better" aimed at me in a Fat Chance shirt. I could do little but mutter my tacit agreement.

Roll on the photos and here's to the next large gathering

Oh, and should add a little about the course.

Seemed to have less climbing/descending than in previous years (not sure if it did but that was my perception). The first two thirds were fairly brutal with even top riders hobby horsing through the off camber singletrack in the ferns. This was tempered by the last third which was very straightforward indeed with wide fireroad/field efforts that seemed to go on for ever and some fairly unchallenging singletrack.

Good to see a new course though and top marks to the designers in trying to make it accessible but challenging so that hopefully there was something for everyone.

Awesome weekend chaps, loved every second :cool:

I think our RB camp was easily the biggest and best, a proper united and friendly gathering!!

Loads of moments to mention, and I'll write them down as the come to me, but for the now:

The shear presence of Retrobike T-shirts

The number of time Retrobike (and our retro bikes) got a mention on PA system

Geoff coming through 3rd after the run :cool:

The rain :(

The mud :(

ededwards dedication :cool:

Heathy falling :shock: but still walking and talking :cool:

Cant face washing the bike yet (but it looks cool with mud and race number still on :cool: ), just chilling now with food, drink and saddle sore ;)

Will check in later all :D

What a weekend!
Nice to meet everyone[even tho i immediately forgot everyones names{its my age}].
Memorable points include;the wind; the rain[obviously] and standing in the field above the 'heckling tent' giggling at the comments and watching the bikes swish by all lit up at midnight on Midsummers night. Thanks for making us welcome and hope Mrs JBD and i were of some use.
Same time same place next year, but i think we will be riding; had'nt realised how much we missed racing!
Beef and yorksher followed by Kelly's Heroes and a tipple should finish the weekend nicely!
Cheers everybody. :D :D :D

Good week end .

Course was excellent in the dry , realy enjoyed it .
Different story in the wet ( wait and see pic of my bike after my night lap :LOL: ) .

Yep, top couple of days chaps :) It was great to see you all again.

I think I'll take away from it the fact that it really doesn't matter what tyres you use when you're walking, and that off-camber trails in the wet are the devils work. Oh, and that £20 does not get you a decent set of lights these days.

Thanks to MrK for organising a great team, and JV for making it all possible.

You're a tiger!

Back