GT Fan
Feedback
View
The Retrobike South East Area MTB Ride

:: Date: Sat 1st August, 2015
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Radnor Road Car Park, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6NU

Google Maps link

We're essentially going to do the same ride as last year, but with hopefully less rain. The same car park as last year too, and therefore not the ones from the years previous to that! I highly recommend coming in to this carpark from the North via Peaslake

here is a map for those that can't click...
map_zpsccbb1a7c.jpg

...and here is a streetview. The turning into the carpark if you are coming from the north is on the left
streetview_zpsaba1bbde.jpg

:: Terrain: Swooping downhills, lots of lovely singletrack, social fireroads and the occasional *cough* climb

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE ::

:: Route: For those of you who like maps, here is one of the route, with elevation data
map_ele_zpsd7fb0bd1.jpg

We'll be taking in some of the old favourites like Barry knows Best, Telegraph Row and Yoghurt Pots, not to mention a few neo-classics (to me, anyway) like Evian and Snakes and Ladders. Measured at 18 miles, this is solely dependant on the weather. The post lunch loops are specifically designed for shortening or lengthening as time and conditions allows.

Lunch stop is still yet to be sorted, but there will be one. please stand by for further info

GPS and strava data is also available, drop bobcatmax a PM for links

:: Accomodation:
If anyone is planning to stay over night please contact bobcatmax, who will do his best to help organise something for you.

king_of_the_hill_126.jpg

Get your names down below so we can get an idea of numbers and to help sort out what we do for lunch

Re: SE area MTB Ride - Sat 1st August

So, any interest in this ride? Even if it's no could you say why. If the timings are too soon/summer holidays then there might be an option of moving to a later date..

Hi BCM - I'm keen to join a few rides asap - due to move to South Downs in the next few weeks. Trouble is i'm very much out of shape and very much doubt I cold do 18 miles of North Downs as things stand..

Aah, nice. Lots of great rides around there. Big hills too ;) *cough* Bostal *cough*

Was up for this but it looks like I'll be travelling back from NY that weekend. If that falls through, Ockley to the start point looks like the best route for me travelling on train from Victoria. Is that fair or would Dorking be better?

Back