Mountain Mayhem 2015 - Fastest Retro bike lap

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Afternoon all, after just completing my first Mountain Mayhem on my Parkpre Team 925, still trying to work out whether or not I actually enjoyed it!!! Deffinatly a lot harder than our team of 4 oldies expected. I am left wondering how the 'retro' times compared to some of the times posted on the newer bikes. I realise that a lot of that will also be down to the rider, then I wondered what the fastest lap time was on a retro bike?

My best lap was 47.32 on my Parkpre Team 925

I don't know whether that is good, bad or indifferent but I am quite happy with it, for a first attempt........how did everyone else get on?

Re:

I was quite pleased to get a 48:44 on my 1991 Tufftrax Extreme. Not bad considering the 400LX groupset, all steel Biopace chainset and just under 30 pounds weight.

I reckon Harrycrumb will be the man to beat with a 40:34 lap on his Orange Prestige... Or was it his Clockwork...?

not sure we can count my lap as i walked/ran most of it :)
maybe i can have a pushing not pedaling catergory

Re: Re:

drystonepaul":11nv7m16 said:
I was quite pleased to get a 48:44 on my 1991 Tufftrax Extreme. Not bad considering the 400LX groupset, all steel Biopace chainset and just under 30 pounds weight.

I reckon Harrycrumb will be the man to beat with a 40:34 lap on his Orange Prestige... Or was it his Clockwork...?

That lap was on the Prestige

Attachments

• rps20150622_210222.jpg
    rps20150622_210222.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,337
Re:

Hats off to everyone riding with no suspension, I have rock shox on the Parkpre & coming down some of those descents over the rocks & roots felt like i was holding on to a jack hammer!!!

Back