Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Another Mayhem is almost upon us and as such it's time for the Final Countdown thread.

osmm09_retro_2_h.jpg

The plan is vaguely as follows, mainly based on previous years.

Early Friday (or earlier still)
Andy to stake out the same position as last year and gently place Intruder in correct location. Believe Nobby will be joining him.

Aim to get the stakes and event tape to Andy at some point this week. If anyone is passing Warwick and heading up thursday or super early friday please let me know.

Friday afternoon
Most people will arrive. Look out for the banners and massive motorhome.
Ride out will be planned but may or may not occur.

Friday evening
Annual BBQ. Will bring a bbq, coals and some food. However please bring food + drink.
Annual swap meet and jumble sale. Someone will bring some kind of winter sport equipment to sell.

Friday 10pm
Fun police arrive with hilarious consequences.

Saturday
Some cycling.

Sunday
Some more cycling.

Sunday afternoon
Go home.

Stuff we need for retrobike base camp
Sound system.
Tunes (if we can get hold of the above).
Generator. The retrobike generator doesn't seem to be working and I'm struggling to find the OBD port.
Hot tub.

That's about it. Weather looks good but expect it'll piss down. Also expect that despite the fact every other year we have camped at Mayhem we have generated some noise that the area within 5m of Andrew's intruder will become the de facto family camping area.

Re:

I'll try and dig out the small generator I've brought before. Hopefully it'll still work well enough to power up the smoke machine...

...if we have one.

Re:

can't help with a generator, i'll aim to be there on friday night around 9pm,

may bring tights and an "S" logo, haven't decided yet! :facepalm:

Re:

Im sure it will be wild. Please be advised that pat will not allow anyone on site till Friday morning because of insurance reasons i presume, the only reason i have been given access is due to the size of the intruder and the chaos it would cause on the friday morning with the flow of traffic into the event. I will stake off as usual and await the wild west at 9am.

Thanks Andy

Re:

can i ask that some keeps a trackside space for my van, or at least a place just back from the track for the tent to sit in, would really appreciate that, i'm sure some payment in beer could be thrown in for doing so!
;)

Have bought another super cheapo 12v air bed pump this year. Hopefully John will be standing by with his rechargeable executive wifi one just in case. :facepalm:

If anybody has a work stand they don't want? I'd only use it for this each year so doesn't have to be anything fantastic.

LHM is on the team this year so bring/carry a first aid kit!

thanks THM

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":1yr7bwn8 said:
can i ask that some keeps a trackside space for my van, or at least a place just back from the track for the tent to sit in, would really appreciate that, i'm sure some payment in beer could be thrown in for doing so!
;)

If everyone aims for the same spot they had last year then i see no problem. I think everyone had a good patch last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back