leckhampton??

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

While dropping dad off for treatment in Cheltenham thought I would go and try and find leckhampton hills earlier? :oops: Hhhhmmm didnt do too well ... But couldnt of been that far off as while driving back there was a fully armed downhiller heading up the hill .... Sadly didnt have enough time to pull him up.

Can anyone direct me? Also can you ride around or is it just pure downhill playing ground?

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

drop me a line next time you're around and I'll give you a guided tour, Leckhampton is a great little hill with a bit for everyone.

R.

Thanks russell,

Will do, Its normally during the week day while I am sorting dad out with the hospital runs??

Cheers

Dave

Yeah, Leckhampton rules, definitely worth a try when you're in 'nam :twisted:

Well very short notice I was up the hospital again today so thought I would have another look ... This time found it !!! :D

Now .... HOLY CRAP AM I GETTING OLD !!!! :shock: :shock:

I followed a downhill route from the very bottom to the top ... Now I know its been 10 years + since I see a downhill course but I dont remember them being like that?? :shock:

Looks like there are lots of other different tracks and trails aswell hopefully something to break me in without killing me!! ha.ha :LOL:

Leckhampton Hill is where I cut my mountain-biking teeth as a nipper in the late 80s and early 90s. Fond memories. I was walking there recently and it looks like there are now some purpose-built paths? Must take my RTS with me next time I go to see my folks.

Riding Cheltenham

Leckhampton hill is great for downhill... There is also Cleeve Hill - actually I prefer Cleeve for the climb.

Back