Bristol bike fest/ Retrobike on the podium shock!!

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Well, it was a day to remember :D The weather was great,the atmosphere was awesome as always, and the course was dry!!
I was expecting a mud bath after all the rain we have been getting.

All this got better when as i came across the line at about 2pm the MC
said " Here comes retrobike in a podium place" :shock: Couldn't believe my ears :? Must be Jeff or Matt [birdman] Not us! But it was :shock:
I was at this point beginning to think time to slow down a bit now, don't want to burn out yet, but when i heard that i just had to keep going. After some serious cramp/hunger/pain :cry: We pulled it off :D

I'm not quite sure how we managed it, but Alwayshorizontal and myself
finished in 2nd place in the fun pairs cat.
We finished 11.36 mins behind first place and 23.50 ahead of 3rd.
Jeff's team managed 2nd in the team of 4 event without even trying he told me.
Not sure where Matt [ birdman] finished in the solo. Was good to meet you guys, although i didn't see any of the other retro jerseys!

Attachments

• Bristol bike fest 08 004.jpg
    Bristol bike fest 08 004.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,769
  • Bristol bike fest 08 006.jpg
    Bristol bike fest 08 006.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,769
What a ride, stunning course! Good to meet up with you Heathy, nice result.

Looking at the results I pulled in 14th in solo fun, not too bad for my first (and last?) 12hr.
Wrists and knees still hurting today, ibuprofen is my friend :shock:

Looked for you guys all weekend,rode around the campsite asking but didnt get to chat,our womens team cleared up in the female fun group category,they were 4(read 'em) laps ahead of the next team :D

Fantastic results, even more so with the Pair when you we're expecting anything and great to hold it together over the last 7 hours with enough left to throw a few shapes for the cameras?

Setting a precedent for MM?

Well doen Heathy and Always!
Great stuff.

Always a great course, much better that MM IMO. Would have done it this year but stag do called :?

Back