ICONOCLASSIC - UK'S LARGEST DISPLAY OF PRE-'95 MTBS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
First up, a massive thanks to all of you who attended the inaugural ICONOCLASSIC show in 2014!

It’s a great base from which to grow the event, the turnout was ace, the vibe was very chilled and all reports back are that everyone in attendance had a great time and loved the bikes on show and chatting about them - which is what ICONOCLASSIC is all about!

I have now confirmed dates with the various council bodies etc, for this year’s show.

This takes on board comments from people last year about the clash with Goodward, and also brings it close to an already well established classic car show in Warwick town centre which will work well for additional promotion and drawing further crowds to ICONOCLASSIC : 2015.

So, the date!
SUNDAY 16th AUGUST 2015 - 10.00 TILL 16.00.

This is the Sunday after the classic car show, and I know there is a large group of us with an interest in both - it seems fitting to have the two shows on consecutive weekends.

The format for ICONOCLASSIC : 2015 will change little from last year - one element I’m addressing however, is that there will be a set distance between bikes to ensure a proper spread and easier access for viewing.

I will also be looking to recruit a few volunteers to help with set-up / take down logistics, and to ensure the smooth running of the ‘Best in Show’ votes, and that all exhibitors and members of the public have the info they need etc.
A couple of you - cheers guys wink emoticon - were very helpful on that front last year, but I would like a confirmed list of helpers in advance this year to more affectively distribute resources.

There will of course be the pre-party on Saturday evening / Sunday morning-wee-hours as per last year for those staying over the night before, and there will definitely be a ride on Saturday afternoon.

The route is pretty much there, includes a pub or two, and is nothing arduous so should suit anyone up for a ride before dinner and drinks.
The route is roughly 35 / 65 road / dirt but that is simply the reality of the riding conditions around Warwick without going a distance out.

So, we have a date, we have a great platform to grow on, I hope we have your attendance and bikes, and hopefully some of you will have completed those builds you didn’t quite get finished for ICONOCLASSIC last year!

Importantly, please spread the word so we can get an even bigger and better turnout - our overseas contingent was missed last year!
And, to those who confirmed attendance and then didn’t show - shame on you, and you missed out!
Some of you had legitimate reasons, others possibly wanted to see how the first year panned out before attending - ether way hopefully you will be here in 2015 to see what you missed last year.

As per last year, registration will be online, via the form on the website:

http://www.iconoclassic.org

As last year, in addition to promoting the show online, through social media, tourist info centres etc, I’ll be printing 5,000 odd leaflets to distribute around.
If anyone local fancies swinging by to collect a few to help distribute when they’re out and about please give me a shout - any help on this front would be greatly appreciated!

Finally, I am thinking of screen printing some t-shirts for this years show, depending on potential take-up - what do you guys think? Any interest?
Depending on feedback I will get some prices together and we can take it from there.

Many thanks, and I look forward to seeing you at ICONOCLASSIC : 2015!

Tom.

Re: ICONOCLASSIC : 2015 - DATE!

Good effort Tom!

LAst year was awesome. I'm due to be working, but I'm trying to see if I can get the day off...

Re: Re:

al-onestare":bcjledif said:
Pre 95 :-(

Toms decision that one, and since he's created/organizing the event I guess he perfectly entitled to draw the line where he likes

Was a great event last year and really looking forward to going again :D

Retro Spud":10a5e1ki said:
al-onestare":10a5e1ki said:

Toms decision that one, and since he's created/organizing the event I guess he perfectly entitled to draw the line where he likes

I don't disagree - it is indeed up to the organiser.

al-onestare":2ao5owtc said:
Retro Spud":2ao5owtc said:
al-onestare":2ao5owtc said:

I don't disagree - it is indeed up to the organiser.

Hi Al
Having re-read what I've written above it comes across a bit curt, no offence intended

Retro Spud":2wrcb4yo said:
Hi Al
Having re-read what I've written above it comes across a bit curt, no offence intended

None taken and I don't want to divert from what looked like a great selection of bikes. I'm just biased to 96 and 97 that's all.

Honestly, it was such a great opportunity to meet a bunch of like-minded idiots, it's worth it anyway. Loads of talk about more than just old bikes. :)

My_Teenage_Self":2du4iy59 said:
Honestly, it was such a great opportunity to meet a bunch of like-minded idiots, it's worth it anyway. Loads of talk about more than just old bikes. :)

Sounds good :)

Hope to be up to making the journey!

Re:

Oh, looking at the Calendar now to see if I'm free.

Definitely want to come this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back