Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Finally.........

http://www.yorkrally.org/

yr-artwork01-300x163.jpg

RBG

It's great news it has returned but there is a few things which concern me:
I'm part of the vintage cycle club who have displayed there for a few years beforehand. I was overjoyed when we were asked to come and display again however I have since been told we need to pay for camping and ALSO to get into the main arena.

Re:

Just been rereading the pm you sent me Ollie.

I can in a way understand charging for camping, but at a cost rate for exhibitors, but not the full rate they are implying.
(After all it does mean a nice weekend in York)

But charging to get in to display bikes to bring people to the event seems stupid, especially for volunteers which you and we would be, that just makes it not practical for the weekend stay and display.

One thing we would like to know is if we can just come up on the Sunday and display, though the cost of getting in detracts from displaying, since we would be to busy looking after the bikes to get a proper look around and go at the jumble. I'm speaking for myself and family there, not the other retrobikers but I think they are probably Sunday only due to work.

Quote/
To this end we are inviting all sorts of cycling clubs, organisations and interest groups to be at the Rally free of charge and to show what they do: we’d like to bring together everything from cycle racing to vintage bikes to unicycles!

Kind of goes against their website blurb though...

shame but might leave dispkaying this year and see how it pans out in its new form.
Just pop up for the day(s)

I wouldn't have minded If they had knocked a bit of money of the camping and allowed us into the arena for free, after all the club is giving something to the festival and people were prepared to travel from the Scottish borders and further. Might see about going on Sunday also, we will have to meet up Fluffy.

Re:

Hopefully, you'll probably see marc2tone there and Ringo. Any mention of a jumble and they tend to have been round it 4times by the time you even get there ;-)

Blimey that takes me back................I used to do Grasstrack there back in the early 1970's. Might pop down for a mosey around :D

Shaun

Back