Schoorl ride

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi Folks!

This is not an announcement of a ride, but a viewback. I and some friends went out on sunday, we do that more often. It was an enjoyable ride on a sandy, dry track. No attack on the record by me this time. I will preserve that for winter ;)

Unfortunately also something went wrong. Roy aka yo-eddy had just finished his Haro Titanium and initially was part of the group. Halfway he lost his mech pulley and he went home. On the way home he did what he normally never does, he fell ...and broke his collarbone :(

ikkeracend800h.jpg

I on my 1988 KM ValleyRunner, the oldest bike of the pack

Gabor800.jpg

Gabor on his Vodoo - Onza brakes, Ringle qr and h2o, Paul levers, thumbies, impressive WTB rims, Switchblades...

Daan800.jpg

Daan on Mongoose IBOC Team

Pim800.jpg

Pim on his brothers' Gazelle Titanium Pro. The Ti Pro frame is in fact the same as the Raleigh titaniums. Once both Gazelle and Raleigh were part of the Derby company - there is the link. Normally Pim rides his own M800 'Beast of East'

The ride was on the Schoorl track: www.mtb-schoorl.nl

- Melvin

Nice, good to see pics of people actually riding their retro bikes . I sometimes take a camera, but can never be arsed!!

Exage mountain on your KM I see, my first Speccy Rockhopper had this, with chainstay U-brakes too. :D

gump":2r4hik95 said:
Nice, good to see pics of people actually riding their retro bikes . I sometimes take a camera, but can never be arsed!!

Those bikes are for us the norm :)

The pics are made by a guy who does this as hobby. He photographed all people doing the track that day.

Exage mountain on your KM I see, my first Speccy Rockhopper had this, with chainstay U-brakes too. :D

Yes, I do have Mountain Exage on my 18 year old Koga. I think to know 1988 was the only year for the groupset. It is good functioning stuff, but HyperGlide (that came 1 year later) would have been appreciated. The ValleyRunner was the most affordable MTB in the 1988 line up, but already had the nice frame with the Hardtlite FM-1 tubing.

- Melvin

I agree on the paintjob. Looks real nice.

I think maybe you ought to try these new fangled disc brakes and sus forks y'know :D
Guess they have not reached the Netherlands yet?? ;)

I think yo-eddy will know. PM yo-eddy and ask him for the specs on Gabor's rims.

scant":35rbnmxg said:
whats the exact spec on those massive WTB rims? they look ace for a future project :D

I know a little bit more on the wheels now. The rims are All Weather Sports Snow Cat. There recently was some covering on them on FatCogs -> Here

The hubs are WTB GG units

Latest posts

Back