Retrobike National MTB Rd 7: Lake District ~ AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Retrobike National MTB Rd 7: Lake District ~ AFTERMATH

Another successful ride in the Lake District today with 13 hardy gentlemen braving what could have been a complete wash out.
But the pre ride faffing meant that by the time we set off the rain had all but stopped by the time we got riding.

The slate was slippery but the scenery and trails were excellent as always in the Lake District.

I certainly hope that everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Re:

Absolutely belter of a ride, as demonstrated by the complete lack of replies so far as I imagine that everyone's sh*gged! :LOL:

The route was riding beautifully, the weather pretty much held off, the group was a nice size with a good mix of the finest quality RetroBikers, nothing major broke* (novelty for me at the moment), modern full-suss wagon wheelers were duly caught and passed on eighteen year old steel (on trailcentre descent), and the cake by the Lake at the end was sublime :cool:

Really couldn't ask for much more, I even forgot about being ill for a while in a few places ... although I did have a sneaky yak in a hedge near the end :oops:

As always a massive thanks to Paul for all the effort that goes into making these rides seem effortless, to all you lot for making them so enjoyable and especially to Jonnyboy for dragging himself all the way up from near Southampton with Kiran's new commuter in his van, top man! :D and to my mum and dad, my management team, all the fans who make this possible...

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Look forward to seeing you all out again soon!

*I'm not counting Colin ;)

Re: Re:

elPedro666":3o5geuof said:
Absolutely belter of a ride, as demonstrated by the complete lack of replies so far as I imagine that everyone's sh*gged! :LOL:

The route was riding beautifully, the weather pretty much held off, the group was a nice size with a good mix of the finest quality RetroBikers, nothing major broke* (novelty for me at the moment), modern full-suss wagon wheelers were duly caught and passed on eighteen year old steel (on trailcentre descent), and the cake by the Lake at the end was sublime :cool:

Really couldn't ask for much more, I even forgot about being ill for a while in a few places ... although I did have a sneaky yak in a hedge near the end :oops:

As always a massive thanks to Paul for all the effort that goes into making these rides seem effortless, to all you lot for making them so enjoyable and especially to Jonnyboy for dragging himself all the way up from near Southampton with Kiran's new commuter in his van, top man! :D and to my mum and dad, my management team, all the fans who make this possible...

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Look forward to seeing you all out again soon!

*I'm not counting Colin ;)
Good speech :D :D

Re:

:D :D :D starting out in the mist and rain ;turned out ok in the end,
first time for me ,being in the lakes with a bike loved the place.
found it a challenge in places esp the north shore boards :facepalm:
thanks to you all for makeking it a belting day and showing us around a sublime corner
of this land,
promise to get to the gym over the winter,then i may ride up a hill or two/do'h

Cracking day really enjoyed it after the road ride warm up of the previous day, good to see everyone out on a variety of steads
will stick up some pics later today once the laptop is unpacked

see you all soon

Re:

Thanks for a great ride - a cracking way to wind up the 2014 Nationals. The route is fantastic and a challenge for my crap skills! First an apology - I thought it would be a novelty to fall off a modern bike instead of a retro for this final round and indeed the greater top tube clearance is beneficial. I feel a bit bruised today having succeeded in dumping myself on the floor twice. Which puts it between first place - N.Yorks Moors with four tumbles and a crash and third in the FOD with just a single OTB although having said that, it did make up for it by hurting the most and the duration of discomfort, so I may give the FOD joint second.
Thank you to all the gate holders, guides, leaders etc. Fair play to everybody negotiating the route on a fine selection of retro machinery. Really good group as usual. I look forward to perhaps meeting some of you again next year.

Cheers - Chris.

Re:

Had a really great ride with great company thanks to everyone especially the guys who organised it all. I'm the bloke with the most non retro bike of the day! Isn't there a prize for that? :LOL:

Re:

Another fantastic retro ride in one of my favourite places great scenery a great bunch of riders and the weather held out most of the day can't ask for much more. Great to meet up with everyone again I learn more about bikes each time I go out so planning some projects for next year and hope to get out on an earlier more original build. Thanks again to all who organised the ride and and took the time to lead us round a fantastic loop in the lakes already looking forward to next year.
Thanks Adrian

Great to see some new faces, glad you enjoyed yourself!

Paul, do you have the Modding Power to give gazzol a 'RetroBike Rider' banner ... or do we make him ride again on something considerably older and less flash...? ;)

Re:

It may be flash to a retro biker but 80% of my hard tail is salvaged or 2nd hand stuff. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back