Mm15

nobby the sheep

Retrobike Rider
I'm not jumping the gun as there's already been chatter on the 2014 aftermath thread .
Dates have been released 19th 20th and 21st June .

There were good and bad points this year ( but isn't there always)but I think overall the majority enjoyed it .
This years lost souls of retro 10 man team of which I was on seemed to work well so would be nice to retain same team ,I must say though I'm not putting myself forward as team captain as I'm getting married in march so will have enough on my plate organising wedding .
So who's in for next year then ?

Re:

What didn't you like last year?

I seem to have created a monster, as three of my 2014 team mates are going to organise their own teams for 2015.

Looks like I'll have to join THM's 69'ers.

My lap times suffered due to the distance between team tents. So far TSB 69ers are three, possibly four, maybe five......

Re:

Are there retro categories for this race, er sorry, pi.. up with bikes ?

Mike

Re:

Nope, we are all thrown in together, but the teams riding retro have 'RetroBike' in the team name.

Re: Re:

NeilM":1xx5fz5w said:
Nope, we are all thrown in together, but the teams riding retro have 'RetroBike' in the team name.
That's correct in that there is no 'retro' or 'classic' category.

However the inclusion of Retrobike in the team name has always been something that I have requested when coordinating all the team entries.
This was a bit easier to control when I was personally responsible for taking all the Retrobike team entry forms to Pat Adam's house on entry day along with my cheque book and crossed fingers that the cheque wouldn't bounce.

When Wiggle came on board as title sponsor the major difference in this respect has been online entry. I no longer have to run a couple of thousand pounds of other people's money through my bank account.

Each individual team captain is now responsible for logging on and entering their team, providing payment, team details and a team name. It's been like this for the past two years now.

You can call your teams whatever you want, but if it is a team from this forum then it's nice to include Retrobike in the team name.

It would also be nice if everyone riding under the Retrobike name actually rode all their laps on a suitably old bike. Another issue entirely this really, but a little bit of me dies inside when I see someone wearing a Retrobike jersey but riding a modern carbon full suss 29er...

I am sometimes a grumpy retrogrouch though.

All their laps? We have a mixed bag already. Plan is to bring a 26 and 29. Ride both. But not at the same time you understand. So no retro in our name then. TSB 69ers.

Back