Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2014

Round 5: Gospel Pass

gospel_187_zps3f8e4bcb.jpg

:: Date: Sunday 21st September 2014
:: Distance/time: 65 miles with a stop for food at a pub or café as the group prefers. Several short cut options available in case of mechanicals/weather.
:: Meeting at: Hampton Bishop Village Hall where there is ample parking. Please arrive by 9.30 a.m. for a 10 a.m. start.
:: Directions: Postcode HR1 4JY, grid reference SO558382 or if a more wordy description helps, from Hereford take B4224 Fownhope road. After 3 miles enter the village, past Bunch of Carrotts pub. Take 3rd road on the left at bus shelter, also signed church and village hall. This road is Church Lane. Continue along the lane passing the church on the left hand side. After 100yards (at noticeboard) turn left signposted village hall. The hall is 60yards at the end of the road.
:: Terrain: Quiet country lanes with a decent bit of climbing thrown in.
:: Route: Basically either Hampton Bishop to Holme Lacy to Kings Thorn to Wormelow to Orcop to Kentchurch to Skenfrith to Pandy to Llanthony to Capel-y-ffin, crest Gospel Pass then a thrilling descent down into Hay-on-Wye before heading back to Hampton Bishop via Bredwardine, Madley and Hereford or the reverse

::NO HELMET, NO RIDE

Not the first time it's been ridden and always a grand day out so if you fancy it, get signed up.

Attendees:
- ededwards
- daj
- Uncle Monty (aka Rain Man)
- random man
- jon w
- tarloone
- DSP

Re:

Looking forward to a grand day out.

I have checked by not attending the Peaks MTB ride - it is not me that makes it rain.
I didn't go - it still rained. It was however sunny where I was cycling on the same day.
So I'm not jinxed like....... Just saying....

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":t9fts8xc said:
Looking forward to a grand day out.

I have checked by not attending the Peaks MTB ride - it is not me that makes it rain.
I didn't go - it still rained. It was however sunny where I was cycling on the same day.
So I'm not jinxed like....... Just saying....

Just don't bring the same level of rain as the Cotswold ride.... :shock:

Can we park at the village hall? Will be in 'works' transportation. How fit are you Edwards? I'm concerned that your absence from the domestic scene has been used to hide a Rocky-style training regime. Lifting engine blocks, wrestling bears etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back