Colne Valley Mountain bike Challenge.

stevek

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anybody do this yesterday?

Top event, about 30 miles of very tough hills, good trails, fantastic scenery, sizzling temperatures, good Marshalling, 4 food stops and a free T shirt when you finished! :D Also lovely bacon butties at the end! All for £15! Bloody good VFM.

:D

What did you think of the event? Have you done it before? I really enjoyed it although my fitness isn't as good as it could be, managed to complete it in 2:56 with 32 miles on the clock.

Last year the route was 26 miles and the winner did it in 2:10, this year they upped it to approx 30 miles and the winner did it in 2:15!

I had to laugh when I was grinding my way up one particularly long climb, a local rider came alongside, and said hello. "Bloody hell" I said whilst the sweat was squirting out of every pore and stinging my eyes "What's the name of this effing hill?" "B@stard" came the droll reply! "Bast@rd!" :LOL:

I did it (3rd time)

4:23 including a pinch flat on the river crossing :roll: , 5 minutes off my PB of 4:18, even though the course was 4 miles longer & it was a lot hotter weather!

You didn't happen to be riding a Marin by any chance did you?

If you were I could well have spoken to you on one of the climbs, I was on an Orange 5.

1st time for me for the CVMBC. A couple of mates have done it before and recommended it. I really enjoyed it and I should think I'll be doing it next year.

Unlucky with the puncture Andy :( . I was using Nobby Nics at around 40 psi and riding a Moots Rigormootis, didn't have any problems (touches wood for next time) apart from my bloody cranks creaking! Chatted (between gasps) to a lot of people - you could have been one of them!

Maybe see you next year? Will you be doing the Mary Townley Loop?

Ahh the Moots!

I think saw you wheeling it thru the car park & might have commented 'nice' as you went past, I was in the camper van (with a 4 pint hangover from the night before) :D

Haha :LOL: . I went out with the Mrs on the Sunday night, I was the life and soul.... NOT! Was just about falling asleep in my beer come the end of the evening...
:)

Not for me this year unfortunately, would really love to be having another go but I'm in Wales doing a spot of fell walking and lots of drinking!

Great event though! I recommend it. :D

Back