Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National MTB Event Series 2014

Round 5: North York Moors

:: Date: Sunday 3rd August 2014 (Additional ride on Saturday)

:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.

:: Meeting at: Brow House Farm, Goathland, Whitby, North Yorkshire, YO22 5NP.
There is a £2 parking charge.

:: Terrain: Moorland singletrack, doubletrack and quiet country lanes.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

Picture051_zpsd2f12605.jpg

:: Route: Sunday - Main ride: Approx 20 miles. This years route takes in some of the best trails on the moors, secret woodland singletrack, steam trains and outstanding views.
There is one long tarmac climb, it's quite hard, but the reward at the top is the pub and lunch*. After lunch it's back onto the moors for second half of the loop which takes in the Hole of Horcum, more singletrack with a fantastic decent back to Goathland.
*Lunch orders will be taken on the morning of the ride

:: Route: Saturday - Additional ride: Approx 12/15 miles. Will be decided on the day (Three routes in mind) with a refreshment stop.

:: Directions: Please use Link:- http://goo.gl/maps/SyZ9g

:: Accommodation: For the weekender's we have arranged to stay at Brow House Farm (Link to web site:- http://www.yorkshireholidays.com/carava ... untry-280/ )
But for any one who likes more home comforts there are plenty of B&B's, hotels in the area.

Picture069_zps6a0fd0f2.jpg

FAO the Weekender's
We will be meeting at the camp site (Brow House Farm) from 12pm with a ride start time of 2pm,
There will be a BBQ in the evening with beer's and the early bird bike jumble.

Here's a link to last years ride and weekend:- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=264883

Re:

I intend to do the weekend, possibly stay the Friday night to to save travelling on the Sunday and have a break from the kids for longer ;-)

Is there any particular location on the site we are camping or secret code when turning up :)

Re:

shall be there; :D see you at the site

see how you go on for a lift marc i am going sat dinner time ish;if thats any good to you
do,h just re read prob not :facepalm:

Re:

Count me in chaps, going up on Friday night in the camper, if anyone would like to car share please pm me, there is room for 2 more people in the pop top, seperate beds so no docking, spooning etc, ha ha I said it first :D

Attachments

• Mayhem bus.jpg
    Mayhem bus.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,866
Re: Re:

slmracing":9shkq4rl said:
Count me in chaps, going up on Friday night in the camper, if anyone would like to car share please pm me, there is room for 2 more people in the pop top, seperate beds so no docking, spooning etc, ha ha I said it first :D

Weekend, ruined.

Re:

I can go for the Saturday ride as I'm going to a church on Sunday to watch a baby have water drizzled over his head, yes I no pointless nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back