Mountain Mayhem 2014 **AFTERMATH **

Re: Re:

Grannygrinder":1ivdhsby said:
I haven't been to as many as some folks have but that was one of the best :cool:

ooowwww now that is a strong statement !!! :D

I look forward to seeing some reports you certainly had fantastic weather!! :cool:

Re:

This is only my second Mayhem, but the course was a significant improvement to last year, for a starter, you could ride the entire thing.

That's not to say there was no significant climbing, there was, but although tough, the climbing could be tackled by a fit rider, not just an elite level athlete.

The weather, well... HOT. Lots and lots of suncream applied and I'm still red.

I don't know how many laps The Severn Bores managed, that was not our reason for being there, we went to have laugh, enjoy the atmosphere, chill out and possibly consume some baked goods. I'm pretty sure we ticked all those off the list.

No photo's I'm afraid, as despite three of us having camera's with us... we were simply too busy having fun.

One nice thing was getting to the top of the climb that led into the camp site, and having a chap at the side of the track say "well done mate, your nearly there, it's midnight". Also, riding through the campsite at night, was quite an bizarre experience, with people all jolly and interested at 11.00 pm, but considerably fewer people, most looking cold and tired by midnight.

Great weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I told Pat as much.

It was as hot as an oven when you came out of the trees. Baking.

A lovely vibe at the Retrobike rave/heckle zone/beer stop. Thanks to all for their efforts.

Johnny, you're mental.

3489eae5c8aa21c465c492eef4a19a0a_zps2e238210.jpg
how do you fly this thing?(tape = track edge)

Re:

Just got home. Will post a couple of pics later (didn't take many :oops: ) and a bit more of a write up ;) .
Fantastic weekend, VERY HOT, awsome corse (hard but do able in under an hour), VERY HOT, great company, excellent heckling and did I say it was VERY HOT.

Re:

Big thumbs up from me. Definitely enjoyed it a lot more than last year, the course was a lot more manageable, the dusty conditions made it really fast, and doing it on a modern bike (sorry!) was an absolute joy. I was happy with my lap times but seeing one of the fast dudes doing a sub 30 opening lap almost made me vomit, god knows how they manage it.

Was great to meet a few new people too, Coomber, Grannygrinder, etc. and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

Ps since I don't post here much and very few of you know me, I was the topless tattooed young whippersnapper with ridiculous sunburn and the On-One Carbon 29er.

Re:

For some reason my Garmin only triggered the Strava segment twice, but that's saying my opener was 37:26 and my lap this morning was a 38:33. My Garmin times were 37:57, 38:27, 39:06 and 38:57.

Back