The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Well as the big man said, keep it cake based. No biscuits here please.

What will you bring?

And no polluting other threads with tales of flap jacks and how your lemon drizzled etc.

I have not decided yet. I have a standby battenburg but M&S do some lovely sultana and cherry heavy types that look tempting.......

Does anybody have any experiences they want to share? hitting the 'wall' for example.

Wondering if you can bake something there on a single burner?

Is Kendal Mint 'cake' actually a cake?

Discuss

Attachments

• kendalmintcake.jpg
    kendalmintcake.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 772
Re:

Malt loaf
Battenburg
Cherry flapjacks(homemade obviously)
I would go for a nice Victoria sponge but i'm not sure it can handle the heat.
\/

I will also have Club biscuits(Mint and Orange) and Cadbury's chocolate fingers :oops:

Re:

MrsM just came home with a strawberry swiss roll, chocolate swiss roll and a nice fruit cake.... so that's breakfast sorted then.

Nobby, I like the sentiment, but Kendal Mint Cake is cake in name alone....... but yummy and a damn site better that some of the modern 'energy' shyte.

There will be a birthday coming ( will be sons birthday on Monday but sadly he doesn't live with and due to work commitments it'll be the first birthday since he was born that I won't be able to spend with him)but you'll have to form an orderly que behind Aaron and me

Malt loaf is a good standby.
Individual cherry bakewells with custard perhaps?
Coffee and walnut!

Have Nobby and THM ever met? Could be like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back