Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
114885744.jpg

Less than two weeks to go until Princess Anne opens up her back garden to the unwashed masses.

I'll update this thread with all the critical information as it becomes available, like how many sausages we need for the BBQ and where Andy should insert his Intruder.

Course layout and profile has been up for a while here: -->
http://www.wigglemountainmayhem.com/wig ... -revealed/

Comparison with the 2013 course:

2013.jpg

and this year:

2014.jpg

Camping is in the fields at the very top of the course in the lower image. Looks like there's a loop going through the campsite to the top boundary and then along and back through it.
It's a clockwise circuit too this year as opposed to anti-clockwise last year. In theory this means the track goes through the campsite at the end of the lap which will be handy for knowing when to expect a rider in for the changeovers.

Looks like we have just over 40 people riding under the Retrobike banner this year (this includes 'The Severn Bores' who decided to shun established protocol and not prefix there team name with Retrobike - does this mean you'll all be riding modern bikes too...?)

We are a raggle taggle mixed bag of about 50/50 retro AND very modern so thought better of it re retro prefix. Was thinking of 'Kipling' :mrgreen:

THM TSB

Attachments

• TSBCOAT.jpg
    TSBCOAT.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,232
Who's claiming base camp? I've a 250 mile drive down but hopefully there early doors Friday ,did gravy monster say he was going to try and claim base camp ?

Re:

I'd suggest looking at more or less the same camping area as last year.
It appears to be one of the track-side opportunities.

I'll be there some time mid to late morning.

Re:

Official course map just released:

m-14-course-723x1024.jpg

First impression is that it'll be better than last year's course.

Guess the idea is to camp top right hand corner ?.i will be fetching a fair amount of lamb for BBQ ,just hope it gets cooked this year as last years somehow didn't even see flame

Re:

So which campsite is that, A, B or C?
Its not at all clear on the 2 maps where the campsites are in relation to the course!

Re:

No one going up Thursday to claim prime position then?? Looking at that map it seems like less real estate camping track side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back