passport de soleil france 28th june 08

3 days to go

bike for the job

INTENSE M1 1999, XTR, MRP, MANITOU X VERTS
BLACK WITH GOLD BITS...

Happy days

:)

I did it on Sunday the 27th on a hired 20kg Scott Gambler seemingly set up for someone twice my weight and with brakes that constantly sounded like Chewbacca and smelt like an over used scalextric set.

It was a truly horrible experience. 68km on a massively heavy downhill bike which wasn’t very good going down hills, nursing an injured shoulder and ribs from an overzealous overtaking manoeuvre the day before in temperatures upwards of 30 degrees, someone decided it would be a good idea to include a long uphill peddley section through Switzerland and to top it all off i drank too much 10% mutzig lager the night before so i had a hangover.

In spite of that it was the most fun i’ve had in absolutely ages. I’ve already booked my place for next year and started to prepare a bike specifically for it, And if i can i’ll be going out again before they turn the lifts off. Massive mountains and ski lifts are so much fun.

It was not fun in the heat, but the views and riding were suberb.
when i'm not knackered will put up some images.

mark

taster

Nearly retro M1 with manitou x-verts 1999, classic xtr kit, MRP etc.

main.php

FLY BY

WWW.EASYJET.COM
TO GENEVA.

STAYED AT

WWW.JOLLYGOOD.COM

RODE THE

http://www.passportesdusoleil.com/index ... SERLANG=en

COSTS

CHALET AT JOLLY GOOD HALF BOARD (TOP FOOD + WINE ALL INCLUDED) 270-300 FOR A WEEK.

FLIGHTS

EASY JET 120.00 INCLUDING EXCESS BAGGAGE.

PASSPORT ENTRY ABOUT 35.00 INCLUDING FOOD AND A POLO-SHIRT.
ABOUT 5 FOOD STOPS AND LIFT PASS FOR THE DAY ALSO INCLUDED.

REST OF WEEK LIFT PASS

DEPENDS, BUT ABOUT 68 EUROS (6 DAYS)

REGARDS
MARK

Looks like good stuff there, is it some sort of race :?:
Just got back from a week in Les gets myself :D Just awesome riding out there, did Les gets, morzine, chatel, and some swiss stuff ;)
Loved it so much i'm going to build up a 7" travel bike.

Attachments

• Les Gets 08 151.jpg
    Les Gets 08 151.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 9,620
I have just read a report on the Megavalanche in on the 1600 entrants 43% were brits . I did not realise it was that popular over here .

Back