RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills AFTERMATH

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just got in and after I hose the bike down all the clothes including the clean ones I put on to drive home will be going straight in the wash and I will be having a long shower. Trails were properly minging and I have worn through a set of rear blocks on a day to the point the brakes were ineffective. It was good fun though.

Carl

Re:

On a scale of 1 - 10 on the moist o meter it started as a 7 and ended about an 11.5!!!!

Shame as the trails are fast and flowing but just not with the amount of rain we had overnight.

Hey ho, there's always next year.

Re:

Sandy mud + rim brakes = horrible noise like grinding paste on the brakes! Great fun though. :D

Re: RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills ~ 27/04/14

Well, that was my first retro ride since back in the day when it wasn't retro, and I have to say it was excellent fun. Great to meet you guys and the route was well planned, despite the weather. Most of the trails were still fun but were quite broken up in places.

I spent an hour, used a bottle of bike cleaner and a bottle of lube de-crapping the bike. It seems to have survived, but I poured water out of the seat tube so that needs sorting. Both set of brake pads absolutely shot and they had lots of life this morning.

Thanks everyone for a great day.

Sam

Re:

LGF - a dose of the s***s is not normally a positive thing, but in this case....

Thanks to everyone who came on what turned out to be a truly horrible day weather wise. Nice to see some new and familiar faces. Sorry if we managed to loose some of you later on. GRD and I rode those same trails yesterday afternoon and they were fine. The overnight downpours and persistant showers just turned it to gloop. I have lost the logos and anodising off my M900 cranks and a set of XTR blocks. Bikes and clothes hosed off - sand everywhere and I got two further soakings while doing that. Nice sit down and a cup of tea is in order.
Hope you are feeling better Gareth, and if anyone wants to do that ride on a nice sunny summers day, just drop me a PM as we ride there regularly.

See you in the FOD.

Re: RetroBike National MTB Series Rd 2: Surrey Hills ~ 27/04/14

More thoughts to come but after a hose down my bike is nowhere as shiney as it was pre ride .... I bailed when the moist o meter hit 9.78.

So wet.

Re:

Awesome ride. Was 'spitting' for a bit bit otherwise cracking. Snapped my chain half way and wore the ceramic of my rims and the blocks to zero. Bike needs a full strip down ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 688
Re:

Don't know what we did to upset the weather gods but it's a beautiful evening down here now, sun's shining and there's not a grey cloud to be seen :roll:

Re:

Oh, and even after a long, hot bath, I'm still finding sand in places sand has no right to be!!!!!

Latest posts

Back