Feedback
View
The Retrobike National MTB Event Series 2014

banner_zps8681b536.jpg

:: Date: Sunday 27th April 2014
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Radnor Road Car Park, Dorking, Surrey RH5 6NU

Google Maps link

This is a totally different car park to any of the ones we have used before. As you get closer there is a lot of single lane country roads, and they have suffered. Unfortunately this is the same for most of the roads round here, nothing i could do about that! I highly recommend coming in to this carpark from the North via Peaslake

here is a map for those that can't click...
map_zpsccbb1a7c.jpg

...and here is a streetview. The turning into the carpark if you are coming from the north is on the left
streetview_zpsaba1bbde.jpg

:: Terrain: Swooping downhills, lots of lovely singletrack, social fireroads and the occasional *cough* climb

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

carParkShotweb_zps4d2e7497.jpg

:: Route: For those of you who like maps, here is one of the route, with elevation data
map_ele_zpsd7fb0bd1.jpg

We'll be taking in some of the old favourites like Barry knows Best, Telegraph Row and Yoghurt Pots, not to mention a few neo-classics (to me, anyway) like Evian and Snakes and Ladders. Measured at 18 miles, this is solely dependant on the weather. The post lunch loops are specifically designed for shortening or lengthening as time and conditions allows.

There is a lunch stop half way round, and yes it is the scene of burgergate, however...The pub is currently being run by volunteers, and as such isn't doing food. The village stores over the road have very generously offered to make sandwiches for us. A menu will be going up shortly, with prices. All we ask is that you buy a pint/coke/tea at the pub to help them along.

GPS and strava data is also available, drop bobcatmax a PM for links

:: Accomodation:
If anyone is planning to stay over night please contact bobcatmax, who will do his best to help organise something for you.

king_of_the_hill_126.jpg

:D ........Right.......colours to the mast time........it's a three or four hour drive for me, but I'm coming..........

Is there any camping available if I try to spread the travelling over two days?.........

Re:

I'm in for definate... missed last years as I was in hospital, having amputated most of my fingers a few days earlier :facepalm:

Watch out for the out of control rider on the downhills ;)

Re:

I'm in ,
Had one bike to choose from last time . Now there's , er , several :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Right Gents,

For all those wanting food, I absolutely, positively have to your choices by Friday the 18th, that gives you a week and a bit to PM me with your choices

Attachments

• peaslake_menu.jpg
    peaslake_menu.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,420
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back