UK KLEIN RIDE / MEET - JULY 13th - 2014 **UPDATE**

treacle

Senior Retro Guru
KLEIN MEET 2014

0c3452dd-ab1e-4462-a990-899e16d9687b_zpse1364575.jpg

Following on from the successful ride last year, I fancy organising another meet up for my sins.

WHO
Again open to all Klein nerds, riders, owners, old and new.

WHERE
Surrey Hills. Starting and ending in Shere at the main car park (free parking), off London Lane, just off Upper Street, GU5 9HE. Once unpacked lets gather at the far end of the carpark near the Village Hall. Note if you can't get parked in the car park there is plenty of other street parking around (also free)

WHEN
13th July 2014, 9.30-10am meet for a 10.30 set of time.

WHAT
RIDE - 10.30am
We will start off with a ride covering bridleways, open fire trails, technical sections (Yoghurt Pots, Barry's for those that know) and about 200m of road covering 12-15 miles approx. Ending back at our start point at around 1.

Proposed route shown here in rough form - http://gb.mapometer.com/mountain_biking ... 83250.html Note we may add a loop of Pitch Hill into the mix mid route (weather/time permitting)

POST RIDE - 1pm approx
We will then gather at a venue in Shere where we can drink beer/tea/decent coffee, eat cake and point and stare at bikes with bright paint jobs. If the cake and snacks provided do not fill a hole, there are plenty of food outlets in the village. As the ride will end close to the venue you are welcome to bring any garage queens or anything of interest to display / geek out on.

POST POST RIDE - 4-5pm approx
Beer / pub if anyone is up for more beer.

PLEASE CAN YOU
1. Register your interest here by leaving your name / bike
2. Also PM me that you intend to come so I can organise refreshments post ride.
3. Tell others
4. Polish your bike(s) and bring a helmet.

QUESTIONS
Ask here or PM me. PM me for my mobile if you think you will get lost on the day!

Remember you are responsible for your (and your bikes) own safety, so wear a helmet, insure the bike and ride responsibly!

See you there!

Cheers

Treacle.

Attachments

• kleinmeet_2014_728x90_01.jpg
    kleinmeet_2014_728x90_01.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,525
Re: UK KLEIN RIDE / MEET - 2014

I'm up for it for sure, lots of notice so be great to get a big number together, I fancy trying these Surrey Hills out, well done Matthew. :cool:

I'm in, location wise, Richmond Park would be more central, and people would be more likely to bring their garage queens, Surrey Hills is great riding but more chance of stacking it!

BTW - don't forget Klein also made road bikes............ :LOL:

Leave the garage queens in the garage, let's go mountain biking! :D

Hopefully make this one, looked a good ride last time round.

Surrey Hills; park at Windy Gap - top of Leith Hill. Down to Holmbury. Cup of tea at Peaslake and back up to Leith Hill. :evil:

Cheers

I'm in too men.......another vote for mud over mascara too!...... :D

If strangers from far off countries (well South Wales) are welcome I'd love to partake, write up from last trip sounded brilliant.

Back