Kriss Kross aftermath

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Smashing day out and thanks to all who came, even Dave.

Photos and more words to follow after I've watched 'Monsters University'.

Excellent day!! Thanks Ed as always for arranging a good route and top pub for munch!

Lack of Tarmac was always a worry and it's good to see my offroad skills have not changed in 6 months ... I had forgotten how much fun being ankle deep in slop was :shock: :LOL:

Fantastic company with usual worrying banter at times :LOL: :LOL:

Did make me laugh at the end with aide driving past with his head out the window!! :LOL: :D :LOL:

Great day out - thanks for laying that on Ed, and also for your patience at my inappropriate choice of bike and lack of leg power to keep with the crossers.

daj":v44t04bv said:
Did make me laugh at the end with aide driving past with his head out the window!! :LOL: :D :LOL:

Dave your head would have been out of the window too if you'd have had to drive home with pooh on your 4" fat bike tyre (and most every thing else........!)

I must say, today was one of the best RetroBike rides I've ever been on. chilled out, great Singletrack, great Tarmac and great company. It was great to see Daj mincing in the mud (well walking when no one was looking :LOL: ) and catching Adrian falling sideways off his new fat bike and disappearing behind the undergrowth. ( By the way your car smelt of dog sh*t when you drove past us!)Managed to loose both of my bar plugs throughout the day and now replaced by Leffe corks, amongst the killer Herefordshire sticks my bike performed great (even with gears). I clocked 46k including the ride out and back to Ed's.

Top ride, cheers Ed for organising what I hope will be an annual event.

Here's the promised photos and some waffle - for once the poor photos, while taken with my camera, are not all my own work.

It started so promisingly - mild weather, bright sunshine and so much hope.

So much hope that we forgave Adrian turning up for a gun fight with some baling twine. Which part of "it's a cyclocross ride with linking road sections" was misunderstood is still not clear but at least he upped the pressure in the tyres to a solid 12 psi.

The trails were very wet but things were going reasonably well, indeed we'd lost no one and suffered no mishaps. Until a small stick wedged between the cages of the rear mech and two became one (apologies for slipping a bit of festive Spice Girls in but the reality of a snapped cage is a bit prosaic.

The photo tells all - Kean offering solace, JV tweeting and Adrian clearly accusing a shocked James of something heinous.
Anyway, the M951 mech was no more and a jerry rigged SS approach with a single jockey wheel was effected. Little did I know that I'd actually be on foot for most of the last 5 miles.

Thankfully The Guvnor's tube replacement masterclass gave me a much earned breather although for the record i have to note that I passed two people on a slithery downhill. Two.

And that was it really apart from a tasty pub lunch, a couple of pints of foaming ale and the novel experience of riding an aluminium disc braked bike back home (it also had STis) which was everything that I hoped and feared it would be.

A repeat on drier trails is in the pipeline but in the meantime what a cracking way to round off another year of top, top rides in the West Midlands.

Attachments

• PC210495.JPG
    PC210495.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 918
  • PC210494.JPG
    PC210494.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 918
  • PC210501.JPG
    PC210501.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 918
  • PC210487.JPG
    PC210487.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 918
  • PC210490.JPG
    PC210490.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 918
theredchili":267vpojw said:
(well walking when no one was looking :LOL: )

Daj " feeling smug appearing from a dodgy off camber section on bike"

Redchilli " I saw you get on your bike behind that tree!!!"

:LOL: :LOL:

Adie on that road section poo was landing all over you !!! Ha,ha :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

Great hosting skills Ed, even down to the sweat. Well oranised weather too. Looked dismal as we set off to pub but by the time I'd rebuilt my bike we had the best day for it. Excellent ride, though I got the 'fear' and you overtook me on the last sloppy descent. Speaking of loosing it, I think Mr K just does not have it in him any more. I mean the man refused last nights custard on his sausage door step sandwich this morning.

Hope all got back home safely and may Kristmas Krossing live on for next year.

Top ride and top company as ever.

Thanks to Ed for sorting the ride and apres ride pub. Good to get out on the crosser somewhere other thjan the local sh*t trails.

It was all about the Friday night - I don't think I left much behind... 'cept the custard. German krossing was efficient and squeak-free as expected. I struggled with my first ride since July, but saved enough to get me to lunch, then home. Will have to put some more effort in before the Worldz in February - go Louisville/go Dave!

Attachments

• Discombobulated.jpg
    Discombobulated.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 880
  • Underclass.jpg
    Underclass.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 880
Back