drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:xmas-cool: The Annual Retrobike Christmas Ride 2013 :xmas-cool:

The Turkey Twizzler ~ Cannock Chase

:: Date: Friday 27th December 2012
:: Distance/time: 18 miles or so spread out over a day's riding with plenty of stops and banter. Several short cut options available too. Bring your own Alka-Seltzer.
:: Meeting at: Birches Valley Car Park, Cannock Chase. Please arrive by 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start.
:: Directions: Postcode: WS15 2UQ
:: Terrain: Forest trails, mainly man made.
:: Route: The main ride will be the 'Monkey Trail' which we should complete by mid afternoon.
After a stop for food we always say we we'll head off for some more riding and perhaps a bit of off piste stuff. We probably won't though depending on the quality of the mince pies, mulled wine and old bicycle tat on display.

RB-Cannock_01.jpg

Just like every year it's time to re-wrap all the crap you were given last year. This announcement thread is no different...

It's the day after Boxing Day and you'll no doubt still be bitterly disappointed about the lack of NOS 200GS in your Xmas stocking. You'll probably want to drown your sorrows in fizzy beer and consume your own body weight in mince pies and mulled wine.
If so, get a grip you big fat yule log!
This will be the perfect opportunity to escape from the Xmas food fest and shed a pound or two in the Cannockshire mud.

This ride has attracted nearly 50 riders in the past so it's a great place to put some faces to those forum names.

After some riding there just might be a fine selection of mulled wine, mince pies and maybe some beer.
There will also probably be a bit of a cycle jumble going on after the ride too, so bring along any bits you want to swap, sell or give away as part of the festivities.

The winners and runners up in this year's Retrobike National MTB Series will also be announced after the ride if I can fathom the complex equation required to work out who won.

There will probably (probably won't) be a few people keen to get there for an 8am 'early bird' ride. For the rest it's a 10am meet up with a 10:30am ride start.

Please sign up on this thread!

RB-Cannock11_01.jpg

It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. (probably) :xmas-cool:

I was at the first or was it the second many moons ago when I was married to a Stafford lass. It was fantastic fun and I'd recommend it to anyone. Alas the lass is past history and Cannock is way too far south for me without a reason other than the Twizzler to be there but I wish I could be. Go my fellow retrobikers, you will enjoy it very much..............sigh..........

Hi Noobie here,

I have booked a day off from the family for this so all being well will be there for 10:00, looking forward to it. :roll: bring it on!!!!

I'll be there with the usual barrel of church end ale and a load of karma tat from the shed
+a special present for D.S.P
Cheers
Spence

i love the twizzerler and its in my playground so this is the one time of the year i actually enjoy and don't moan. I was thinking can't we do the monkey and then extend it onto the fast sherbrook blue trail down to stepping stones to end on a fast note. i like that trail because you don't have to pedal and its big ring all the way. I can't believe that trail has been there for a zillion years and i only found it this year.

thanks andy

Ooh, I've been booked to drive to my sister's on the 26th to collect my mum and bring her back to Norfolk on the 27th.

My sister lives about five miles from Cannock Chase. I wonder if I can work this into my schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back