Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury)

:: Date: Saturday 21st December 2013

:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start

:: Meeting at: The Crown Inn at Woolhope, Herefordshire HR1 4QP http://www.crowninnwoolhope.co.uk with ample parking at the rear

:: Terrain: A combination of rooty, muddy fun and some poorly surfaced country lanes including the legendary Engaging Descent, now enhanced with a collapsed drain.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

:: Route: We’ll start off in West Woods with some rooty, muddy singletrack before moving on to Lea and Paggetts Wood then some poorly surfaced country lanes across to Marcle Ridge and a lengthy ribbon of wooded singletrack along the top (will be super interesting if the horses have been out) before rejoining the road and a plummet down the Engaging Descent (now enhanced with a collapsed pothole) and back to Woolhope where we have the option of a pub lunch beside a roaring fire and a pint or two of local foaming ale. Depending on the pub stop it’s into Haugh Woods for some more singletrack and possibly even some Herefordian ‘Shore before the final fast road descent back to the start. Takes a couple of hours in the dry, perhaps half as long again in the damp and with others, longer still via the pub stop but plenty of opportunities for changing things up as we go.

:: Bike: The sharp eyed may have noticed the various lame ‘cross’ references. And that is what this ride is about, cyclocross bikes baby. That said, don’t be put off if you haven’t got a cyclocross machine and want to come as it’ll also be doable by a fit rider on a rigid MTB with Conti 1.5s pumped to bursting. Oh, and if anyone rides a 64cm cross bike, I’ve got a machine you can borrow.

:: Directions: Hampton Bishop, Herefordshire HR1

Kross? I’m livid. But are you? Sign up below or be wiggida wiggida wiggida wack.

Attending:
- ededwards
- daj
- theredchilli
- Coleman
- mrkawasaki
- The Wizard of Odd
- The Guvnor

Attachments

• Kriss Kross.jpg
    Kriss Kross.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,628
  • The Mac Daddy says wear a helmet yo.jpg
    The Mac Daddy says wear a helmet yo.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,628
Re: Kris Kross (Herefordshire Fury) - Saturday 21 December 2

Excellent!! Yes please :cool:

Down, yo, innit bruv!

70psi wcs 1.7. And a mac 10

(kept the cross theme going)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,609

Sounds intriguing.

Will a Franken cx/mtb be acceptable?

I'm in, will bring my motherfuc*ingfixiecrosser ( if I don't break it in Belgium on the weekend.) oh and it will probably be Single speed not fixed, or even geared -who knows.

F**K yeah - count me in :cool:

Assuming you'll allow faux CX monstercross nonsense, I'm in...

Attachments

• CunningDale.jpg
    CunningDale.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,564

All welcome but need to be clear that cross bikes the ideal weapon due to the road linking sections that will be a bit draggy on 2.3 inches of sticky rubber – get the Cross Country 1.5s at 100 psi and you’ll be flying.

My pioneer is currently running wcs 1.7 at 70+ psi and should keep up just fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,529
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back