HoNC - Meet Up PLans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Right folks,

I'm with Ed on maybe not rushing in to get the first registration and set off time.

Shall we all meet up for a pic at say 8.45am? That will allow those that want to race off at 9am to do so and those that want to take it easy to do so also.

And we can register before this and be ready but not silly early.

James, Kev, Ed, Mrs Wu and Me will all arrive at the same time so maybe PM us for numbers if you don't have them and we can all hook up together.

Sound ok?

Sounds like a plan Gus.

Only been once, last year. We started off late, so near the back. Had to pass several hundred riders up the hills then, and it got very busy on the roads. Some very happy motorists :)

Maybe would have thought 8.30 would be better though, given previous RB meets and timing :roll: have a chance for a chat first too. Just a thought.

I will be riding this new school too - I only have two off roaders that are useable at the mo - and I am not taking the Goat!
Everything else is waiting on forks, chains, brake pads, BB, cables, fork service etc..
Let down by CRC on delivery (first for me) and waiting for some forks too, as the Buck was going to be the bike of choice otherwise. Ah well :(

Sounds a top plan and an 8.30 meet might allow for 'retro lag' as Andy suggests.

Heavy showers all week too so best to be ready for mud although if it keeps raining hopefully it will be liquid enough to slither through. Forecast for the day is for 12 degrees or so, not much wind and heavy showers. I'll be on the Tequila Sunrise Yo with just a big and middle ring and Conti 1.5s, I'm sure I'll regret this on the day.

Yeah, If we meet at 8:30 that should give Gus enough time to change tyres and clothes atleast twice before the start.

;)

0830 is good for me. I'll be bringing the Yeti FRO with Houffalize tyres. May leave the Disco and skinsuit at home if it's going to be wet/muddy though :D

Is there a route map available online anywhere?

Ok peeps,

08.30hrs. Start line/ registration centre area.

PM me for tel no's if you don't have them already.

Nice chat, group picture then follow sgt major edwards over the top and into oblivion whilst field marshal's Hilts and I, will sit back at the cafe HQ and sip coffee commenting on how well you are all doing.

:D

Gus, can you pm me some numbers please.

Cheers...
I quite fancy the coffee thing too. Do they do moccachino?

Just ordered some conti cross country via wiggle - test how good their service is now.... :)
I only have fatty or fast dry tyres, never really need mud tyres around here :?

So who is bringing what and expecting what ??

Me
Bringing - A set of wheels for heathy (courtesy of Roon)

Expecting
My MS Frame & some pedals - Gus
Scrapheap challenge frame and bits - Kev

Id anyone else has bits they want to donate for the MM scrap heap challenge bring them along and i'll take them away with me to add to the parts bin..

Well, new school for me, bringing the global with fast rolling summer tyres ;) , there was more road/hardpack and not much in the way of mud last year. Only done it last year so don't know if they change the course :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back