Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2013

Round 7: The Cotswolds (Gloucestershire)

:: Date: Saturday 2nd November 2013
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Stow on the Wold (Final instructions will be by personal mail - Please contact Daj via PM)

:: Terrain: The final round of the RetroRoadRide Series will treat you to the delights of the Cotswolds which is an area of natural beauty. This great route will be cover about 50 miles and will be a fitting conclusion to Retrobike's first annual RetroRoadRide series.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

:: Route: Will mainly consist of local quiet Cotswold roads making up a tasty route. It will test all who attend with a special treat of riding up Dovers hill which has its own part in British cycling history having been used in the British hillclimb championship since 1968. The Cotswolds is plenty lumpy enough but planning to enjoy the last of the season rather than hit every hill in the area :cool:
The emphasis will be on a sociable pace rather than a race to win every Stava segment.

:: Directions: Stow on the Wold (GL541AY) finer details will be sent by PM.

:: Accommodation: Plenty of options with hotels and B&Bs local http://www.cotswolds.info/accommodation ... tion.shtml

Please sign up on this thread if you will be riding.
It would be great to see a good turn out for the last round in the series.

Re: Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 02/11/1

cannot make this but dover hill is a treat.last time up there was in 39 x26 and is was not plesant :D

If I can get a pass I'll be there.

Just sold my only true road bike though...!

Will have to build one.

Yepp, count me in for some fine Double Gloucester.

Last time I went up Dover's Hill was on a 34/27 and it was very pleasant :)

What's all this 39x26 and 34x27. The smallest I have is 43x 21 I'm gonna die! :LOL:

This is a good positive start!

Yep going to be a man gears effort from me too!! Be a giggle for you all :D

If I bring the Mercian it'll be sensible Lakeland and Peak District gearing of 34:28.
I may roll out the Swinnerton again which now has a slightly more sensible 36:25 low end. The 42:25 I hauled over the Gospel Pass last February nearly killed me.

Really looking forward to it though.

34x28......Do you actually go forwards when you pedal ? I may regret asking that when I'm about to squeeze the jam from my donut half way up. :roll: :LOL:

Am I about to get slaughtered ?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have done that hill on a 53x39 standard double before but I usually stick a big girlie cog on the back because I like spinning.

For most of us it will be a 10-20 min climb with a nice run up but the odd sharp section that will get you out of the saddle so just back off, pick your line and get the pacing right, job's a good 'un:

http://app.strava.com/segments/2371916

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back