Retrobike National Series Rd 7: Forest of Dean ~ AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A fitting finale to this year's National series in the Forest of Dean.

Many thanks to everyone for coming along to ride today and thanks to our guides for putting together a great route.

Post up your photos and recollections here...

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 7: Forest of Dean ~ AFTERMA

I'll dip my toeth first...

Thanks Paul, Dave and all who made us welcome and for your patience one and all :D

Guides were brill - thanks again and for encouraging Jack too.

I'm chuffed with my Mech Award and it will go into the virtual frame along with the many many others.

It's not often one gets the chance, in such esteemed company, to fully demonstrate my, soon to be patented, instantaneous single speed conversion. Think it will go far. Like my Jeremy Clarkson big mouth underwear idea ;)

Thanks for giving Jack (aka KonaKid - cheers Spence) "The Spirit of the ride award":)))) He was well chuffed - I'm sure he'll reply under his own steam soon enough

An absolutely cracking day ( :facepalm: ) and I've always wanted an "Explosif" - well today I got one and in my favourite '92 Orange colours :LOL:

Great day, rides, food and weather coupled with a laugh, a minor calamity and company.

best wishes
And and Jack

Well what can i say great day great guides and still got home in time to get pissed. I will now have a different respect for the forrest but will still complain about the lack of salad and the late time i arrived at the car park. Spence save my day with his brew. James coped with my moaning and Jack did the whole course without moaning (somethink for me to think about).

Family run for me, im sorting it. great day in all and i completed a full retro ride, extra stickers for me

thanks andy

One of the best days riding I've had in a long time. Super technical on the least capable bike.

A big thank you to all for making such a fun day.

More off camber wet roots please.

I haven't been on a National Ride for ages but things were exactly the same which is a good thing in my book. I also haven't been to the FoD in ages and yesterday reminded me why I should get back more often as the trails were riding (and walking) beautifully - Dowies on the cross bike was fantastic.

Apologies that I had to scoot off before lunch - can someone pop the Bike of the Ride Award in the post to me?

Chris.......I've just watched it.........I feel sick........don't ever talk to me again........he's even got the screwdriver upside down!......donna was sat next to me....... She doesn't believe that you told me to watch it.......I think she wants to leave me........best ride I've had in ages by the way chaps, full response when I've had a lye down.......

Thanks to all the organisers and guides for putting on another excellent ride. Well supported again with a good turnout. Had a great day myself with a nice mix of singletrack. Company always enjoyable as usual, and some lovely bikes being used as they should be. Some of my highlights- the trails, the banter, Spence's beer, nearly getting bike of the ride, whitnessing Daves awesome descending and downhilling skills, and of course the Sidi Catfish.

Cheers once again gents, and hopefully I will see some of you again at Cannock.

Chris.

Really enjoyed yesterday, great day usual mix of new and old faces.
Highlights for me were:

Nobody got lost!
Daj's forgotten burger and seeing him on a Mtb
Paul's "theoretical" mechanical
Andy's constant moaning ;)
Ed's IF crosser, if it was only half the size!
Spencer's beer (as usual)

A big thanks to all who made the effort to come down and made it a great day.

What a great day's riding yesterday, I haven't had that much fun on a bike in a long time!

My personal highs........

The trails were just perfect, nice job James (Neil and Hayden too)
The weather, we really got off lightly yesterday, it was rain and wind all day back here
The "old school downhills", go as fast as you dare without having to worry about technical stuff
Roots, forget Daj's tyre advice, centre-rail tyres are the way to go boys
Lovely burger in the pub
Retrobike folk, even Andy :p
Winning "Bike of the Ride" (???) despite turning up six months late for the scrap heap challenge

Cheers for putting this together Dave, I really hope you can get this one on the national calendar again next year.

Darren (Feetabix) careful what you're clicking on dude...........

Phew taken me a 24 hours to recover from the horrors of riding (trying) this non-tarmac business lark again ....last time was Mayhem and hopefully all being well be the next time too !!!! :LOL: :LOL:

I thought it was great to have the Forest of Dean back on the National calender and hopefully after yesterdays success it will stay on there for good this is mainly down to the well executed guiding from the Forest of Dean guides (James, Neil , Hayden ) The day was well run and thankfully there is still noone riding around there lost!!

Highlights for me!!

-The weather considering when I opened the front door at my house in the morning was gales and sheet rain we actually did well ...if anything was rather warm once riding
-Adrian lending me his Klein for the day to ride though according to Andy my skills brought shame on Klein owners!! :LOL:
-Ed making a guest appearance while feeling ill on his Birthday!! arriving with the 1000 yard stare is a little worrying
-The boy doing so well and quite rightly receiving spirit of the ride
-The endless trails of wet slippy roots (will have nightmares for weeks!! )
-Drystonepauls closet secret !!
-The great Pub stop again recommended by James we even had our own private room!
-Spencer in the queue at pub with Etto helmet on (you had to be there!!)
-My missing burger and pudding-gate
-That horrendous section from hell straight after eating my burger (that be fantastic section to everyone else!!)
-Daz (Feetabix) skid of death at the end tearing his tyre off
-Spencer bringing the Ale and hammering the tap in the barrel with his shoe :LOL:

Overall turned out brilliant and a great end to the series!

Next year we want a summer slot?? :cool:

Thank you everyone who came and again the Forest of dean guides for making it happen!!

Cheers

daj

Back