Cycle Show - NEC

Some lovely stuff on show today for me the Van Nicholas stand was jaw dropping :shock:

I kept being drawn back to the Enigma stand, lovely bikes and fantastic paint finishes from their new paintworks.

Lots of bright colours, the new trend seems to be bright, very bright.

Carbon everywhere, so much so that everything just looks kinda the same, different shaped tubes but not much to differ between bikes really. Expensive bikes too, it's hard to believe the folks that get to the age to afford some of the more expensive stuff are fit enough to ride to the limit of needing a 10k bikes, or can ride 'sick' enough for a 4k MTB. Most of the range advertised seemed to be £1.6-4.5k.

The steel/ti stuff really stood out as attractive. Condor, Enigma, Van Nicholas, Starley :)

After a couple of MTB tests the only difference I really noticed was changes in handing from stem length! Probably says more about my riding.

The BMX comps. were good, still is a childhood throwback and the most fun cycling.
Ah to be a teen again.

Loads of electric bikes. No fat bikes. Hardly any 26" wheeled bikes.

It was worth going, quiet too being Friday, and I gave away the ticket and made some old guy happy.
The only freebie I got was a puncture kit from BC.

Reference the costs of bikes we went to the cycle to work scheme stand and asked them to find us a bike under 1k :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Was there on the trade day and had a hectic day with 2 teenage lads tagging along..... Been too hectic to go online or would have tried to meet up with folks....

Disappointed at the absence of the likes of Pace, Orange, Middleburn and Endura but the show was clearly aimed more towards the consumer than the actual trade.

Highlights for me were the 2 girls from Seattle with their helmet covers, Starleys custom paint jobs and the little cellphone external battery packs by USE. Found some nice little exclusives for the Danes...

Still in the UK - heading for Dalby Forest on Sunday- Monday and Hope Technology on Tuesday before heading back from Manchester on Weds....

Latest posts

Back