Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National Event Series 2013

The North West Area group is proud to present...
Round 6: The Annual Retrobike ‘Day in the Peaks’ Ride
(Formerly Mr K's Day in the Peaks)

RB-Peaks-15.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 14th September 2013

:: Distance/time: 20 miles approx spread out over a full day's riding with plenty of fuel stops and banter.

:: Meeting at: Woodbine Cafe, Hope at 10:00am for 10:30am start.
We'll take in a visit to the Pennypot Cafe in Edale for the usual lunch stop.
[Restricted on road parking and a Pay and Display car park ~ Regular trains from Manchester and Sheffield]

:: Directions: Grid Ref: SK170835 ~ Postcode: S33 6RD

:: Accommodation: Plenty of options in and around the Hope Valley, including a campsite about half a mile from the start point, and the infamous Woodbine B&B.

:: Terrain: Rocky and natural Peak District tracks and trails with long climbs and longer descents. Can be a bit exposed on the moors so be prepared if the weather is inclement. Some short road sections but mostly off road. A few steep technical drops and plenty of rocks, glorious views and fast descents.

:: NO HELMET - NO RIDE

RB-Peaks-MrK.jpg

:: The Legend of K: Although Mr Kawasaki shys away from any accolades, this is the original ride which set the format for Retrobike events in the years to follow.
It all began when Mr. K and Retroking#1 decided that it would be a good idea to meet up and ride on some of the finest natural trails the Peak District has to offer. This winning formula of great riding and a highly sociable, non competitive atmosphere has prevailed.
Year after year this event has been at the pinnacle of the Retrobike calendar and, as with last year, the NW&NW Area group will be taking the reigns as organisers and guides.
As ever the legendary 'Ruddock' may or may not even be in attendance. You just never know until you see him sipping a frappacino outside the Woodbine cafe on Saturday morning.
Even then it's not an indication of whether or not he'll actually ride his bike at all.

:: Saturday evening and Sunday: The main ride will be on the Saturday as usual, hopefully followed by the now legendary evening pub quiz (probably).
If there is any demand for it, then there will be a ride organised for Sunday as well.
Please indicate whether you would like to ride on Sunday as well on this thread.

:: Map: The route is a classic and is the same which has been used for the past five years. Here is link to Mr. K’s guide:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 2f3b3&z=12
There will be a few short-cut options and bail outs for anyone who is struggling, unfit and/or hungover.

Aftermath threads for these rides can be found below. Let's hope that this year will be just as successful and just as memorable:

Aftermath 2008
Aftermath 2009
Aftermath 2010
Aftermath 2011
Aftermath 2012

Hope to see you there!

RB-Peaks-3D.jpg

--------------------------

Cant wait for this, been looking forward to seeing that radio mast for 12 months :LOL:

I'll probably have a few of my Wednesday evening lot joining us but they will be riding modern I'm afraid if thats ok?

yup me too, itll be hard but i rek i can do it all without stopping.....im walking from the bottom mind lol

marc two tone":jmyn7rm4 said:
Looking forward to it. I'm doing that radio mast climb with no stops, see if i don't! :)
I read and thought "I don't remember seeing any steps on the radio mast climb" :facepalm:
Definitley be here for this one but don't know yet if it'll just be for the day or a staying overnight jobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back