Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Surrey Hills ~ AFTERMATH

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
well, what a day..

absolutely gutted at not being able to ride, especially after putting quite a bit into organising it all

first of all a massive thank you to Pete, who was ride leader and to all the guys who helped to waypoint and sweep - Sophie, Tad, kingroon, Splatter Paint, redhotchilli, bat40a6, godders and drystonepaul

and thank you to all of you who turned up and made it worthwhile putting all that effort in

some quick shots that I managed to get

carParkShotweb_zps4d2e7497.jpg

prizeGivingweb_zps309e219b.jpg

more later, hope everyone has got home safely....Max

Thanks to everyone who mde me feel really welcome on my first retro ride,and sorry if I seemed a bit of an ignorant billy-no-mates at lunch(well,at least until my ribs turned up) I,know it'll change now I can start putting faces to names!! :D will add more later. Shower and dinner now!!
CHEERS!!!
Rich.

Huge thanks to max for organising another great ride in the surry hills :D and to Pete
for sorting the route, couple of new sections in there that ive never been along :)
I think us southers are very lucky to have sutch a fantastic place to ride right on the door step :cool:
Well done to all those that traveled a long way to attend ! and for bringing some amazing bikes :cool:
good to see new faces as well !
Mick :D

mechanical of the ride gate shocker :LOL: and within 1/2 mile of the finish too :roll: and in front of a suitably smug bent stay Univega rider :(

Many thanks to Max and Pete for another great ride! Really a great area to ride.

Respect to Spencer for riding the PM part after a couple of pints after almost dying when his blood alcohol dipped below 40% in the morning (must have been that kebab soaking it up).

Some great bikes on show as always.

Thank you to Max for organising the ride and Pete for leading the hoard! I enjoyed doing the marking as I got to see loads of cool old kit being ridden. As the guys on modern bikes said at White Lightening, have we ridden through a worm hole and ended up in the 90's?!

The food at the pub was really good, I'd go there a again. I've ordered a set of headset spanners, the Fire Mountain's headset hasn't EVER been apart so I need to get all that sandy crap out of it...

SP

nevadasmith":36n1ft3g said:
mechanical of the ride gate shocker :LOL: and within 1/2 mile of the finish too :roll: and in front of a suitably smug bent stay Univega rider :(

Yeah coz smug Univega riders don't have "mechanicals" ;)

Cheers Max and Pete and everyone else involved , top day , nice to see some lovely bikes and as always cheers Spence for the beer and your granite bike entertainment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,493
Back