Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:22 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Cannock: The Day After.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:05 am 
Old School Grand Master

Not so many of us this time round, but a good time was had. Warm sun greeted us as we turned up in varying degrees of lateness. Met up with Dekerfintheshed and we decided to set off in slow (my fault) pursuit of the others, whom we figured must have set off! The usual Cannock sandy mud was present in greater quantities than usual, although to those of us used to the South West clay, it didn't seem too bad.
Arriving back at the start, who should we bump into? The freshly arrived retrobikers.
A second full lap beckoned. I'm awful with names, but no doubt the blanks will be filled in by those concerned. A crash on the fast downhill section with thankfully no lasting damage. We were all distracted on this section by a young lady (in jeans!) bent over adjusting her gears. The surprise was that only one of us crashed!
Crash of the day though goes to Dekerfintheshed. A stylish face plant right into the deepest puddle (small lake) on the section Madcowkev crashed on last time. Well and truly soaked! You can only hope that mud you were chewing on WAS mud!
No pics of the event, but here is the aftermath. Looking forward to the next one now I can see in colour again and the heart rate has dropped back below 200!

Attachments:
Mud#2.jpg
Mud#2.jpg [ 20 KiB | Viewed 1421 times ]
Mud#1.jpg
Mud#1.jpg [ 24.63 KiB | Viewed 1421 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:13 pm 
Old School Hero

Ah the carrot and stick that was the young lady in front! Excellent fun, hope to do it again soon. Perfect combination of sun and mud! Not only that but my two buddies are now converts to the way of the retrobike!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:46 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Well here I am a convert and a new member of the retrobike forum, a virgin if you will-so be gentle! The mud was plentiful and the carrot on the stick beckoned...Consequently my attention was focused elsewhere and failed to assess the hazard in front of me, as I was to busy assessing the ass in front of me! And what do I have to show for it now-bruised ribs and alot of sand in the washing machine. That being said it was a top day and can't wait to get over there again in a few weeks time. As a bonus too Im sub-contracting as a sand supplier to Jewsons as a money spinner!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:21 pm 
Old School Hero

Guess I'd better get the bike out the car and see how horrific the clean up job is going to be!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:26 pm 
Old School Grand Master

random_dave_1 wrote:
Guess I'd better get the bike out the car and see how horrific the clean up job is going to be!

Took a goodly while and four buckets of water. Had to go out and get a new tyre as well. One of the may grinding noises must have been a build up of mud munching its way merrily through the side wall.

Sorely tempted to get a new seat post too! Ooh, it still smarts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:10 pm 
Old School Hero

Just gave her a quick wash in preparation for tomorrows commute, it wasn't pretty!

Attachments:
CIMG1408 (Medium).JPG
CIMG1408 (Medium).JPG [ 54.04 KiB | Viewed 1371 times ]
CIMG1406 (Medium).JPG
CIMG1406 (Medium).JPG [ 89.43 KiB | Viewed 1371 times ]

Post subject: Mud mud glorious mud!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:07 am 
Dirt Disciple

At least you could still see paint through the mud fella, I thought I had lost the blue beastie forever! Definitely think I might invest in some sort of Kartcher pressure wash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Yeah, nice little mini meet. That mud dip will take some beating for me. Front tyre seemed to point where it wanted, can't think why ?? Not even touched the bike and was ordered to strip in the garage before entering the house. As a result, there's a pile of minging shorts etc festering in there. :oops: In Ireland now for a couple of days so can't even touch the bike till the wk end :cry: Nice to see a couple of converts come out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:35 pm 
Retro Guru

I set of about 12.10 but never saw another retro ride,ow well i`ll probably get back over in a few weeks

Oh and next time i`m gonna use that jet wash at the finish to get some of it of

Attachments:
yo mud.jpg
yo mud.jpg [ 250.9 KiB | Viewed 1326 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:37 pm 
Old School Hero

Sorry we missed you, will have to dish out phone numbers next time so we can avoid that awkward peering at bikes before asking 'are you with retrobike!' Or retrobike jerseys all round!