Sussex Mini Meet - The Aftermath...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well, it seems a shame to break a 250 post strong thread, but it was getting a bit heavy.

So a big thank you to all those that woke up this morning and braved what was admittedly quite horrible weather and came down to Sussex for what turned out to be quite a lovely day out. Even turned out like sumer for the last hour. :D

Pics to follow shortly, but personal highlights for me (in no particular order) include...

*Tintin having 'how many?' punctures in one wheel? :?

*Tintin eyeing up the office chair and carpet in the ornathologists look out tower and considering taking them home. :LOL: And then noticed another puncture! :roll:

*The image of ten fully grown adults lying on the ground in a car park ALL stuffed full of tiffen cake and unable to move, like a bunch of kids given the keys to a sweet shop! :LOL:

*Mayhem like mud making all the lovely swoopy singletrack a slidey sideways slidey fest. :(

*Chips that took 'how long?' to cook! :evil:

*Poor old Salvage Tech offering to carry some stuff as a gesture of gratitude to borring my c'bak. :roll:

*The new boys turning up and cracking on with all us old hands even when they saw how much we faffed before we even started. :LOL:

*Heathy rather fancying some swans after it was pointed out they were like sheep, just with long necks. :LOL:

*Mrs GT's Tiffin cake! :D :D :D

*Tintin getting lost...AGAIN (but this time in a different place - hurrah. :LOL:

*Klein Chris realising he's going to have to re-name himself Proflex Chris.

*Fritz making a mockery of my supposed new fitness as he passed me up a hill sprint on flat pedals, skate shoes (not done up!) no socks and a hangover! :evil:

*Green Rabbit's good grace at us all after being left for dead in the woods after an initial recce to find him when we didn't back marker that well. :D

Thanks to all those that came. It was a good retro ride.

Let's see the pics then.

:D

host them on imageshack or photobucket or something... I'm not on facebook either :roll: ;)

Looks like a good one!
Amazing weather considering how its been lately :cool:

Sounds weird - TinTin rides round Afan rocks and duckboard on a flat 1.5 conti with no punctures, yet sounds like Sarf downs got him nicely!

I have a profile on there and just get directed to my page, can't find the pics :oops:
Top day out chaps :D I just love that loop you have there Gus :D
Thanks again for a great day.
Good to meet new members too.
Oh and that legendary tiffin cake, well its even better than i imagined :cool:
Thanks for that, will be putting in a order for some soon.

Great ride today everyone.

Highlights for me:

Mrs GTs cakes - yummm! (sitting here eating flapjack now!)

Tony's persistant puncture (on his wheel with a 'proper' tyre)

Heathy's impression of an upturned tortoise after falling off at 2mph (Hilts would be proud)

The new guys for mixing it with the established members. Good to see some new faces

Mattbrowns lunch - half a pig in a bap :shock:

Salvage Tech for putting up with carrying Gus cr*p. Poor chap!

Snooks for taking pictures at every opportunity - should be a pro ;)

The weather - what a bonus. Didn't need half the clothes I was wearing/carrying

Anther great meet. Shame Kingroon missed it :(
Great to see every body again/and for the first time :D
Pickle the cake was :cool: :D tasty. Complements to Ms Pickle. Wish one of my ex wifes could cook half as good :LOL:
It was a great day down to the team sprit and good community sprit of all who where there.
Shame 'peglars' had no 'Mule' bars :( love the mango bar.
And what's with my inner-tubes today all 3 had slow punctures. Nothing entered the tyre. And thanks to chris for getting me on my way home. No thanks to Southern trains :evil:

Back