Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National Event Series 2013

The South East Area Group is proud to present...
Round 5: The Surrey Hills Special

:: Date: Sunday 18th of August 2013

:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.

:: Meeting at: The carpark on Leith Hill Road, Dorking, Surrey. RH5 6JL

:: Directions to start pount: The carpark is situated on the Leith Hill road, this is the one we used in 2011. Map ¦¦ Streetview

:: Terrain: The spectacular North Downs - Lots of ups and downs, flowing singletrack, technical singletrack and fantastic scenery - 15 to 20 miles depending on weather, with around 2500 ft of climbing

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

king_of_the_hill_126.jpg

:: Routes: A singletrack based (with firetrail) ride taking in many of the hills around the North Downs. The trails are loamy and challenging in places but retrobike friendly, quite a few short ups rewarded by flowing singletrack. Taking in some of the big named trails such as 'Barry Knows Best', 'T1' and 'T2'...

Short in distance but don't be fooled, some willing legs will help you get the best from this ride. Food stop is around the 2/3 point so please make sure you have enough provisions to see you through. If you ride gears make sure you have enough of them and that they work please, & if you only run one gear, make sure it's a suitable one!

There will be a lunch stop at the Volunteer Pub - We have been told that they have shut it especially for us. A pre-order menu will be going up shortly - more details to follow

:: Accomodation: There are 2 B&B's located in Holmbury - Bulmer Farm and Holmbury Farm, with another two loated in nearby Peaslake - The Garden Room and The Hurtwood Hotel

Round3.jpg

We're consistently getting nearly 50 riders for this little event, it would be great to keep it that way...

Get your name down now!

I'm in!

My brother (Peterpoddy) is coming too.

Hoping for another amusing scandal similar to Burgergate in 2012...... ;-)

I'll be along for this, looking forward to it. :D I'll try not to fall off as much as I did in Yorkshire. :oops:

Gravy Monster":1nki93w7 said:
Looking forward to this and to that last descent to the car park :LOL:

Hope I don't have another massive crash on that one again. Gutted no one saw it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back