Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Great days riding today, at least for the first 19 and 3/4 miles. That last 1/4 mile proved to be the tricky bit.

You'll all be glad to hear that Ben aka Fluffychicken is okay.

Post up your pictures and thoughts here...

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 4: North York Moors ~ AFTER

The Retrobike National MTB Event Series 2013

Round 4:- Rosedale, North Yorkshire Moors - AFTERMATH

Here's a few of my pics and a link to my album as there's far too many to post here....

Here's a link to my album :- http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 207%202013

And a link to the slideshow :- http://s746.photobucket.com/user/thesur ... 207%202013

This year it was decided to showcase two of my favourite areas of the North Yorkshire Moors Cropton and Rosedale,
in the form of a weekender with a nights camping on Saturday.

Saturday

The plan was to meet up at Cropton make camp around lunch time and then ride about 2pm, the ride was to be 12 miles
but it ended more like 17 miles after a few tweaks but no complaints from the riders.

Time for the chimps tea party

The evening was whiled away with BBQ's and Beers, then off to the pub to sample some well deserved local ales,
a few hours later and we're trying one last cheeky one for the road then back to camp.
(what happened next stays at Cropton to protect the guilty party's)

Sunday

Bad heads and breakfast over we all pack up camp and head for Rosedale to meet the rest of the riders,
Meet and greets over and everyone ready to roll its time for the main event...

Lunch at the Lion inn

Lunch and on cue the sun came out, time to spin tails of "BITD" and enjoy the good company,
riders are in high spirits as all the climbing has been done before lunch and now its payback time....

After we leave our last rest stop and descend chimney bank a rider has a accident...
the worst is feared and he is taken to hospital to be checked out.

This puts a dampener on the end of a fantastic day...
but GOOD NEWS travels fast and the rider is past as fit and sent on his way, to enjoy fish and chips by the sea.

I'd like to thank the gate openers and extra sets of eyes that kept the rides running like an old bike :LOL:

Also Marc for all the help and support and lastly everyone that made the journey from near and far as without you these rides would not be possible....

Healing vibes to Ben and hope to see you soon mate...

cheers kaya

I've just got in so I'll sort my pics out tomorrow.

Myself and Dan have got Ben and his car back home safely and he's doing fine but doubt he will on the bike for a week or two.

My helmet cams battery went while we were still up on the old railway so no video footage for Ben I'm afraid.

Big thanks to Vern and Marc for a fantastic ride and great to see some old and new faces once again.

Thourougly enjoyed all the weekend even if I didn't get do the last couple of hundred meters of the ride, well on my bike anyway. The ambulance took me on a little detour.

Many thanks to Paul for looking after me and of course Dan and Chris and everyone else there.

Two great rides, both different styles and a good set of camping chaps.

More later once I get my pics up. Need to try get out of bed first, I ache a little bit ;)

What happened to Ben? my lift had obviously taken me home by this stage .
Great couple of days riding so big thanks to Uncle Vern for organising , nice to see so new faces from further afield .
Matthew.

Morning Ben, bet you ache a bit. Very happy to see you back so soon. Thanks all round for a great day. Couldn't really ask for more.
Rob.

Matthews":lhy4ky8o said:
What happened to Ben? my lift had obviously taken me home by this stage .
Great couple of days riding so big thanks to Uncle Vern for organising , nice to see so new faces from further afield .
Matthew.
I got quite personal with a Discovery :LOL: pop onto Facebook.

Hope the driver and passenger are OK too. Shock can be a bugger.

Anyway, more chat about the riding here, that hill climb challenge was good and Mr Lee did the better job than me.

Cripes!.......best wishes and some e-grapes to you Ben!...... :shock:

Thanks for everybody making it a great weekend, I'm sorry that it ended dramatically, but pleased that Ben is ok. Will post up some longer thoughts later.

I'm glad to hear your well too Ben :D
Had a really great ride some lovely scenery and history, word of the day was Dust and lots of it :cool: it was good to see some old faces and always great to meet new ones, cheers to all that helped make a smooth day's riding, and thanks to ken for lending me our bike ;)
As mentioned above the last 1/4 mile was a bit worrying :(
Hope to see you all soon,
Lee.
P.s only got one pic I will post it asap :LOL:

Back