LINCOLN RIDE - The aftermath

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well, what a brilliant ride, especially after thinking it wouldn't actually go ahead! :LOL:

So, a few highlights for me:

Opening the curtains this morning at 8.30am to be greated by 6" of snow :shock: Sign on to the site expecting to see a load of 'not going to make it' posts, but after a flury of texts it would appear that us Retrobiker's are a mad lot.....so we all still decide to ride!

Deciding to take the Avalanche out (no pun intended!), mainly influenced by it's disc brakes; and that my RTS is painfully clean at the moment :LOL: Yep, I'm a tart! :LOL:

Waiting at the village hall for half an hour for Andy B to arrive :roll: ;)

Starting the ride, and not actually being able to see the trails due to the snow :shock:

Being soaked to the skin within 5 minutes :(

SPESHMIKE having the first 'off' of the day, about 10mins into the ride :LOL: Bombing down the first downhill section; bounce, bounce, off :LOL:

No actually being able to see what your riding over/through/on :shock:

Blasting the woods in the snow; loved it :cool:

Andy B being the second retrorider to 'fall'. Funny, given it was falling off a wooden bridge into a ditch, that we'd just commented on how slippy it was :LOL:

The trails changing mid-ride as the snow thawed, providing different trails to ride back along :D

Getting home to Mrs GT's pasta, apple cake and tiffin, with plenty of tea and coffee :LOL:

A great ride, great company, great company. Hope to do it again, and with better weather maybe ride the second trail ;)

Great ride! I bet in the dry its pretty fast rolling stuff.

Apologies for my lateness, thanks for waiting for me.

Surprisingly I don't ache from my 'off', which was quite funny, it's amazing how quick you can unclip in a brown trouser moment!

Although I do ache in a few other places, but a dram or two of medicinal single malt should sort that out ;)

you'll probablly hurt tomorrow - that's when the stiffness sets in :LOL:

didn't get the no-ride messages till too late. wouldn't have stopped me anyway - always up for a ride especially when wifeports hard to come by (boy the exchange rate on those things is killing me these days!!).

great ride - really enjoyed cycling in the snow for the first time in ages - glad I had waterproof everythings on!

ride topped off by now legendary tiffin (BTW my wife gives a thumbs up for it too, and believe me she's not easy to please!) and coffee.

let's do it again in the summer.

I am hurting now, so I just don't want to think about how I will be tomorrow! :oops:
I would just like to say thanks to Pickle for organising the ride, I did enjoy it - riding in the snow sure does take it out your legs though, not that I am complaining.
Many thanks to Mrs GT for the lovely food, drink and Tiffin. :D
It was good to meet some of the members from this forum, a great set of chaps. Let's do it again sometime, preferably when it gets a bit warmer. :LOL:
Cheers! ;)

BTW I think I should get some points for having the only retro bike on the ride (with the honourable exception of Speshmike, but he bailed out early citing war wounds :roll: ;) )

:LOL:

doogie":3ppzikx9 said:
It was good to meet some of the members from this forum, a great set of chaps. Let's do it again sometime, preferably when it gets a bit warmer. :LOL:
Cheers! ;)

I'd love to made it up for that. the food by the sounds it was worth the trip on its own. :D

doogie":2lv5y7jc said:
I would just like to say thanks to Pickle for organising the ride

Cheers! ;)

Pleasure mate, on both counts ;)

Will organise another one some time later in the year, so will defo get in the other loop.

was a brilliant day,big thankyou to pickle and mrs gt,the food was ace,was really good to meet new people and cheers for making me feel welcome :D

i ache like mad now but it was worth it and ill sort a good route around scunny soon so we can organise another day riding :D

longun":1iid0pr5 said:
was a brilliant day,big thankyou to pickle and mrs gt,the food was ace,was really good to meet new people and cheers for making me feel welcome :D

i ache like mad now but it was worth it and ill sort a good route around scunny soon so we can organise another day riding :D

You were more than welcome :D

And a sunny Scunny ride would be good, just start a thread and we'll check the dates ;)

You wouldn't believe we've had any snow here now :roll:

Mostly sunny all day, 95% of the snow is gone and its been reasonably warm :LOL:

Still, I think the snow made the ride yesterday, we all had a right laugh and it provided a great talking point :D

Well I've just finished Muc-Offing by bike and put some oil back on it; I think the snow took all of it off :shock: Now I'm off to hit the turbo for a bit, no gain without pain!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back