Mountain Mayhem Aftermath Thread

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Post up your chat and thoughts here....

Will post more later, but I think course was way better than Eastnor to ride.

Shit that there was no route through site and no spectators

Great to see old friends and meet some new.

Cheers Tim et al for the ride :)

Will be interested to hear all the thoughts on this as an event... :x

Back home drinking my second bottle of cider
Great weekend enjoyed it this time
The trackside tent is easily solved by using one of our solo riders stations as the base for heckling
You are all welcome to be mine for next year
Some solid performances this year from you guys , inspirational and the west Mids crew emulated the east Mids performance last year but the transponders worked this year and the track was at least rideable good effort guys
And Gump you are a lifesaver for pointing out my brake cable issue ,I fixed it and the Rocky was a dream.
I have a feeling I will be back next year for more punishment and even more dedicated to enjoy

Augustus":l99cc8tl said:
Newbury Services...stopping to change into comfortable driving socks.

Don't forget to change out of the heavyweight motorway socks, and into the A road ones

Top weekend and even the weather wasn't too bad! Great company and nice to put faces to Forum names. Nice effort from Spence for the Retrobike Beer, and stirling work from John organising the BBQ sound system etc. Some real nice retro bikes on show and good to see them out on the track putting some of the more modern bikes to shame. Having now witnessed Andy's "Intruder" I now see what all the fuss was about, and what a perfect "gents" facility it made... :LOL:

The course was wet for the 1st few laps but then dried out ok...the first descent was a death trap and was like trying to go down a muddy, moguled, trench ridden slope of doom! I enjoyed the course but then I hadn't been to Eastnor to compare. Would have been nice to have more heckling/crowd presence as you didn't really see any spectators after the initial downhill, where they were just waiting for you to go a pearler anyway!

Would love to see any more pics anyone has as I didn't managed anything decent...

Need a bath now and a nice bed!

Thanks to all in attendance for making me and Mrs Wookiee welcome!

Doug

Now at jango's and so tired was good. Beware jimmy saville will find you if you stop in the woods and he has bonjella (it numbs and lubes)

Home now and all unpacked, just need a bath & beer :)

Nice to see everyone again and some new peeps as well.
Thanks to John et al for the usual great organization & BBQ.
Thanks also to Spencer for the great beer as ever and the help to put up my tent.
Oh and not forgetting Andy for the chicken & rice but also the toilet facilities :LOL:

As an event, i think the venue itself is good but needs trackside camping if they can do it, I can't comment on the circuit as i didn't ride this year :roll: but what i did see seemed to drain and dry pretty quick which Eastnor doesn't.
Being lazy as ever i didn't take any pics so looking forward to everyone elses.

Thanks to everyone for another great Mayhem weekend :)

makster":3dmeb0eb said:
Augustus":3dmeb0eb said:
Newbury Services...stopping to change into comfortable driving socks.

Don't forget to change out of the heavyweight motorway socks, and into the A road ones

Did the overtaking socks make an appearance ?

:LOL:

Top weekend chaps , so much fun, so much generosity and so many stops for wee :LOL: I enjoyed it overall but I also think that so much missing is from previous events IMO , weather again being one, sign on goody bag being two, three - condition of showers (awaiting Maksters full write up) and no trackside camping made it a lonely slog round :?

Well done to all the teams riding for Retrobike and also I would like to congratulate the South West 10 RATS for being part of my team, no moaning, no quibbles just hard flat out riding - Non stop till the bitter end

I do think that the all Solo riders should get maximum recognition for sticking it out on the old steeds through think and sticky, I'm sorry I couldn't stop at the end of the woods on the last lap it was down to the wire in our game .

Does anyone know when and where the official results will be ?

I will post some pics of the weekend that we have after I get some sleep since being awake from Sat morning :(

Cheers

James :cool:

Back