Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:42 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:38 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Mangledmech wrote:
Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

I would be great to know his name and say thanks!

Sounds very much like Andy he went out around midnight on a Klein and has a Coventry accent...another guy on here Makster mentioned seeing him helping out a guy with "mechanical issues" and he stopped briefly to offer help aswell...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:39 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Mangledmech wrote:
Hello Retrobikers!

Newbie here, just coming on to say a HUGE THANKYOU to one of your members that was my Good Samaritan in the middle of the night at Mayhem.

A stick had put my mech into my wheel, snapped a hanger, snapped a spoke, pushed the spoke through the side wall of my tyre and turned my chain inside out.

One (at one point two) retrobikers stopped trailside to lend a hand to a ranting, cursing ball of fury that was me!

Luckily I had my tools, gas and spare hanger (don't leave home without one!), but what they gave me was calm. You really helped me to stay calm(ish) as I fixed one job, put the bike together, found the next problem, fixed it, found the next problem, started again.......

You were really supportive and encouraging and that helped me keep myself together.

Whoever you are you where a legend, you did not need to stop, or stay, you lost your own time and probably had to put up with a fair bit of my ranting!!! Thank you.

I just about managed to nurse the bike back around the next 3/4 lap, all the time terrified that the now bent, noisily clicking, mech would catch again.

I hppe that enjoyed the rest of your laps and had a great weekend, once again - thanks!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was he handsome debonair with a huge knob

Hi Andy :P

Last edited by Charlieboy28 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

wookiee wrote:
Mangledmech wrote:
Much to my discredit and embarassment I have no idea what his name was and never even looked at his bike(!!). When he was chatting to his mate I think that a Klein was mentioned. My mind was spinning it was like I was hearing disembodied voices in an hallucination (I will have to give up 24h racing one day).

Sounds very much like Andy he went out around midnight on a Klein and has a Coventry accent...another guy on here Makster mentioned seeing him helping out a guy with "mechanical issues" and he stopped briefly to offer help aswell...

If it was Andy his tag on here is Any123 and he is a top guy and a great laugh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

wookiee wrote:
Mangledmech wrote:

I'm sure Mark said that Andy was on his knees "helping" someone in the woods, in the dark ;)

Did he give good head?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Don't tell him you didn't see his bike!......he will be most offended!...... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:02 pm 
iconoclassic best in show
iconoclassic best in show

Hey Darren I was the middle aged bloke !
Julia said go for it everyone gets changed behind the tent
Where I went wrong was bending over and showing everyone my plums :lol: and I just thought it was a full moon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

captaincosmic wrote:
Hey Darren I was the middle aged bloke !
Julia said go for it everyone gets changed behind the tent
Where I went wrong was bending over and showing everyone my plums :lol: and I just thought it was a full moon

You too?....... :lol: .........I was referring to me, I did at least a 300 degree turn, perhaps ten one legged hops, butt naked, as ungraceful as you like, to look up and see I wasn't unnoticed!.......should really have waved, but found myself skulking back behind the tent.......shamed!...... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I found me....check out the speed!!!

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/dylbic/2168 ... bum/412359

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:16 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

A un-mentioned highlight must be the Rupe and Wolf stripping in the tent show Friday night :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Ha, yeah, I forgot about that......Austin powers stylee!.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next