Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Last few days before MM 2013, hope we're all ready ;)

Plenty of unknowns this year so it's a little harder to plan than previous years, however this is broadly what we have in mind.

Camping

Some of us will try and get in 9 am (ish) on the Friday and tape off an area for retrobike, look for the big flag banner. Have event tape and banners so hopefully we'll be visible. Did ask we be allowed in Thursday to get an area since we're bringing a large group as always, organiser would not allow this.

Schedule

Friday Day
Most will arrive through the day

Friday Evening
We'll be having a BBQ and one would imagine some beer, as before Church End are kindly supplying some :)
Flea Market > viewtopic.php?f=5&t=259205
Possible Concours show

Saturday Morning
Hopefully we'll be able to have the annual EdEdwards motivational talk. If not I'm sure we can find someone else to abuse the retrobike collective with the megaphone.

Saturday - Sunday
Some will be riding I'm sure.

Stuff to bring
Obviously you own food + drink + bike
There will be food layed on for the BBQ and some beer. Suggest you bring some of your own also, esp booze since we drunk it all by early Friday evening last year

Other helpful stuff for the cause
Sledgehammer for the big rack
If someone has means of playing music which doesn't need 240v that'd be good
Also could do with as many non-mains lamps as possible for the gazebo(s).

T-Shirts
If you want to reserve some of the stock (only a handful left now) please post up here > viewtopic.php?f=5&t=258420

I have the generator and it's in good order so should be fine.

Given the campsite is loads smaller fear they may enforce such things as quiet hours hence requesting lights etc. if the genny has to go off...

John":9wof8006 said:
I have the generator and it's in good order so should be fine.

Given the campsite is loads smaller fear they may enforce such things as quiet hours hence requesting lights etc. if the genny has to go off...

How can they have quite hours its a 24hr race. Just my thought for the day.

thanks andy

PS Remember that they want you to drive in via avning due to the roads being so small through that town begining with MIN. I cant be bothered to spell it. info on wiggle home page.

thanks andy

STOP PRESS

There is enough room for everyone to camp at Gatcombe Park.

No-one will be turned away.

“Can I bring a caravan?”
YES

“Can I bring a motorhome?”
YES

Please note: no electric hook-ups or effluent disposal available at Gatcombe Park.

This from the front page of the website.

Nice to know.

Of course they would not have had to post this up if they hadn't sent out the 'First come, first served' e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back