Mayhem camping plans...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

Any one have any idea where the "retrobike camp" is going to be this year at Mayhem?? How many retrobiker's are going this year? I may not be able to get there till friday evening an have a big arse tent and am a little worried that I might not have space to put it up!!

Any thoughts???

Doug

Attachments

• wmm_2013_camping.jpg
    wmm_2013_camping.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,027
We really don't know yet.

Spoke to the organiser and explained we have a large contingent coming down and perhaps he might consider letting us in the Thursday night so we can get a large enough area to camp together. This was not something the organiser was willing to do, so Friday it is.

Have to admit I'm slightly concerned also. Do intend to get in as close to 9am Friday and bags a big space but more than that I cannot say....

John":13jwjcap said:
We really don't know yet.

Spoke to the organiser and explained we have a large contingent coming down and perhaps he might consider letting us in the Thursday night so we can get a large enough area to camp together. This was not something the organiser was willing to do, so Friday it is.

Have to admit I'm slightly concerned also. Do intend to get in as close to 9am Friday and bags a big space but more than that I cannot say....

Hmmm fair enough just a bit concerned that the organisers say this:

"Gatcombe Park is a lot more intimate than Eastnor in terms of the space available. As always, camping is on a ‘first come, first served basis’ so it is definitely in your interest to arrive as early as possible"

I'll be lucky if I can get there for 5pm Friday due to childcare issues...

I don't like the sound of the ‘first come, first served basis’ esp as iv'e paid £36 for the privilege :shock:

In the past we have used tactical pitching to solve this problem, you can space out your tents so there is room to strike some then re-pitch leaving some wiggle room. First there's could always take extra tents to secure some space. Hope the weather is good for you all.

highlandsflyer":3w9rbbu3 said:
In the past we have used tactical pitching to solve this problem, you can space out your tents so there is room to strike some then re-pitch leaving some wiggle room. First there's could always take extra tents to secure some space. Hope the weather is good for you all.

Was planning on me and Mrs Wookiee coming together...now thinking I will be the advance party and get there as early as I can on Friday morning and Mrs Wookiee will come up on Sat morning...

Any ideas which "zone" we will be heading for and how many of us will there be?

Oh, I should have said I have never been to Mayhem. Just from all the events with camping we have gone to over the years, sometimes a mega posse of us! :)

highlandsflyer":14n8x5kg said:
Oh, I should have said I have never been to Mayhem. Just from all the events with camping we have gone to over the years, sometimes a mega posse of us! :)

Ha you should have come to Mayhem!

I must confess I was not impressed with the 'First come first served' statement.

I live pretty close to Gatcombe, so I won't be there until first thing Saturday morning, if there is nowhere left to camp, then I will not be impressed, after all, having run the event for so many years, surely the organisers have a pretty fair idea of how much room they need.

NeilM":23lhiav0 said:
I must confess I was not impressed with the 'First come first served' statement.

I live pretty close to Gatcombe, so I won't be there until first thing Saturday morning, if there is nowhere left to camp, then I will not be impressed, after all, having run the event for so many years, surely the organisers have a pretty fair idea of how much room they need.

Just not filled with confidence...the Wiggle site on Mayhem has been a bit shit and I just hope that the event organisation is better than the site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back