RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ AFTERMATH

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
C'mon dsp, where's our aftermath?

I imagine some folks would like to make comments regarding the choice of making miles 46 to 53 one massive climb right from the very lowest point of the valley bottom to the highest peak...

Evil git :p

[ EDIT: Changed this to a new Aftermath thread - dsp ]

Re: RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/13

Fantastic day will add more tomorrow

photo83_zps3a2f25bd.jpg

+1 A good day. A bit of a chilly start though. I hope you enjoyed the last climb up the Goyt Valley. :)

random man":1r74jjk9 said:
Excellent ride today,really enjoyed meeting everyone. Fantastic route, lovely weather & great banter. See you again :D

I think this is the route:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/203584646/

That's almost correct. We took a right turn between mile 23 and 24 down 'Butts Lane and The Dale'. This is where Pete's front tube exploded. We rejoined at Hulme End.
We also took a left turn between mile 36 and 37 onto Flagg Lane and rejoined just before mile 40 to the south of Chelmorton.
Finally we stayed a bit more central in Buxton taking in St Anne's Well.
The rest is pretty much spot on.

Really enjoyed today's ride. The weather turned out very nice as the day progressed and it was great to ride with 11 other fine gentlemen.
The first proper ride out on my Mercian was a very nice experience. It handled perfectly throughout, despite my sometimes errant attempts to avoid some rather large pot-holes and craters at speed.

I will kind of apologise for the 6500ft of climbing that allegedly occurred. I knew that the route I had planned did take in some rather splendid views. This of course meant that gaining altitude was often necessary.
I like climbing, but I appreciate that some people aren't as keen.

I hope that the descents made up for it though. Some of them were eye-wateringly fast. I reckon there were about 2 or 3 occasions where we clocked well over 40mph. I wish I'd fitted my period correct Cateye Mity 2 now...

Anyway. I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed the route and I thank you all for coming along to share it with me.

Re: Re: RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 2: Peak District ~ 05/05/1

Loads of piccies here:

Peak Ride 2013

You should be able to grab a copy of certain shots if you want, any probs then just holler.

SDC13717_zps4486a0a1.jpg

Back