Luton to stockport - any route suggestions..

Mapturner

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone - i am coming over in the summer to visit family and looking to ride from Luton to Stockport. I was thinking of keeping it simple and taking either the A5 or A6 mostly but would welcome any other route suggestion. This will be a one day ride so no detours for me..

Thanks and look forward to hearing your ideas..

Mark

i really would not bike up either of them roads for that long, the A5 gose dual carriageway past milton keynes and is very busy all day long.they really are not ideal roads to bike on,with a lot of fast moving traffic. best of luck if you go for it

matthew71":1kcsbqjr said:
i really would not bike up either of them roads for that long, the A5 gose dual carriageway past milton keynes and is very busy all day long.they really are not ideal roads to bike on,with a lot of fast moving traffic. best of luck if you go for it
i`m with you on that one,find a bridle path and canal tow paths and play it safe. :!:

Good idea - although aren't bridlepaths more for horses and a bit rough for a road bike ? I like the idea though and will take a look at some maps to see what i can find...

I'd also suggest avoiding the A6 too. It's bad enough driving on most of it let alone cycling.

Have a look at the Sustrans website and see what sections of the National Cycle Network you can incorporate.
NCN Route 6 takes in Luton and Stockport along it's course.

The NCN uses quieter roads and traffic free sections. Not necessarily the most direct, but usually much more pleasant than main roads.

Back