drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The Retrobike National MTB Event Series 2013

Round 3: Aviemore ~ Cairngorm Mountains - Scotland

Cragganposter_zpsf031d52e.jpg

:: Date:Saturday 25th May 2013 (main ride)
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Rothiemurcus Center 'Triangle' Car Park B970, PH22 1QH. Grid ref: SO 901110
There is a car-park charge of £1.50 per adult or £4.50 per car for the day.

:: Accomodation: Lots of B & Bs, YHA at Glenmore, Camping at Rothiemurchus (Coylumbridge) and Glenmore.

:: Terrain: A little bit of everything - singletrack, landrover track, forest, hill and glen.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

NOTES: Route subject to change. Click on map below for bigger version.

:: Route: Inverdruie - Inshriach - Loch Einich (No Lunch stop)
:: Distance: 22.4 miles

Loch an Eilein
2398871396_ae7ecf4bba.jpg

Loch Einich - Description and Photos
081005DSC01700_701.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:: Date: Sunday 26th May 2013 (additional ride)
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Glenmore Forest Park Visitor Center Car Park B970, PH22 1QU. Grid ref: SO 978098
There is a car-park charge of £2 per car for the day.

:: Terrain: Classic XC Loop - Mostly landrover track, some singletrack.

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE
:: NO WOMAN, NO CRY

NOTE: Route subject to change.
Nethy%2520Bridge%2520-%2520Ryvoan%2520Pass%2520-%2520Big.jpg

:: Route: Glen More - Ryvoan Pass - Nethy Bridge anti-clockwise Loop (Lunch stop at Nethy Bridge)
:: Distance: 21.3 miles

Ryvoan Bothy
1_21_2l.JPG

An Lochan Uaine
mg_7275.jpg

I see the replies coming in thick and fast. This round is a cost but hey i want that sticker. i might even build a new klein for the event

thanks andy

The main ride is the Saturday Ted - although they are both a similar length, there will be less of us around on the sunday.

Looks like a top event this year chaps. Sadly won't be able to make the Scotch trilogy due to holiday. Enjoy :)

Just over a week to go and i'm wondering whose coming to our fine old meet in the north of this sceptic isle ?
Make yourself known or alternatively 'Come in tae the body o the Kirk' as we say up here, dinae be backward :D

Cheers

Velo ;)

For those thinking of camping! Macretro has booked into the Glenmore campsite... See Keithyr's comments below from the Macretro thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=251326&start=90

The other campsite is called High Range which is at the south end of aviewmore. Guy at rothie said the problem with that is that the tent pithches are GRAVEL so be aware if you book in here to bring protection!

PS to others - Glenmore has over 30 pitches left but their website only lets you do min 3 night stays. Call them on 0845 130 8224 to book and you will get the 2 night stay option.

I'd love to come, and I've travelled BIG distances before to get to the National rides but a 750 mile round trip and a minimum of 13 hours driving for one ride (I can't do the Sunday) is beyond me. It really is a very very long way for a lot of people.

Never said it wasn't, distance will always be an issue for someone, most of England and Wales is hugely far from us and as a result often we're not seen. I'd love to attend so many English Retrobike meets but its beyond my ability to reach but thats OK, theres always another opportunity down the line. We have not picked our national venue deliberately to thwart the good non MacRetro members of Retrobike but because we think its a great venue that says Scotland in big letters.

With the splendour and joy of mtb that can be had in many parts of Scotland it'd be a shame to only ride near our border with England. I'm sure we'll pick locations further south again but Aviemores a great venue which we'd like to show off, and I for one am looking forward to it immensely :D

13 hours Rob, I did more than that for 1 lap of Mayhem :)

I completely understand not wanting to travel that far, it came from a few requests for the epic type riding we normally do ourselves and Aviemore provides that and is very accessible being on a trunk road, (we have no motorways north of the central belt). Although looking at the numbers we might need to change the plans for next year being St Kilda.

Both days will be mini epics and well worth the trip*

*as long as the weather is nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back