Retrobike National MTB Series 2013 - Long Mynd - AFTERMATH

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Great day out in the Shropshire hills today and a great pub stop once again.
I counted 24 riders in total.

Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it the day it was, and thanks especially to Rob rc200ti for organising the route and leading the ride.

Here are a few pictures:

RB-Long-Mynd-00.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-01.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-02.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-03.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-04.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-05.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-06.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-07.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-08.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-09.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-10.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-11.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-12.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-13.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-14.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-15.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-16.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-17.jpg

RB-Long-Mynd-18.jpg

Re: Retrobike National MTB Series 2013 - Long Mynd - AFTERMA

Some lovely shots there Paul. Thanks to all who travelled to this quiet part of Shropshire only to spend the day on climbs. As some of you know I treat a day on the Mynd as my annual MOT added to which I love the place. So pleased that the weather was kind and allowed the views to be enjoyed.
There are some epic descents off the east side and I'd like to get two into the next ride which also means two ascents and would also mean a change of pub. I'll work on it.
Thanks to all the gate openers, Spence for the beer , and all for the usual Retrobike banter.

A great day out indeed, RetroBike spirit was in full effect and a dash of sunshine didn't do any harm at all!

The route and the stunning views didn't disappoint, top marks to Rob and the crew for another smooth and very enjoyable day, cheers!

Special thanks from me to Andy for delivering my new DynaTech - Kiran isn't happy but I'm not actually homeless so that's a result. Thank goodness she didn't spot the extra set of wheels...

For everyone who asked about the silly bars they were generally a success (the bike's supposed to be for touring), comfy and very stable but did lose a bit of agility.

Great to catch up with you all, roll on the next one! :cool:

Many thanks Rob for putting on a great ride. I usually don't venture that far South :LOL: but the riding and scenery were great. I'll definately be back next year. Pictures coming later....

Top ride as ever - thanks to all involved. Pictures to follow later. Haven't fathomed reducing the file size on the phone yet.

Awesome day out. Thanks for superb organisation of ride and lunchstop.
Good to see some familiar faces and meet new ones.
I'm not sure the 1x8 gearing was really ideal for the climbs or maybe more training required.

Couldn't bring myself to clean the variety of rural poo off the bike last night so a job for later today methinks.

Awesome ride, it was nice to stay over in the YH the night before too.

Pub stop was great, and the weather was pretty kind to us I reckon. Great banter as ever, and some pretty amazing bikes on show.

I took a few pics, and will get them posted later (hopefully)

:cool:

Top day /top pub again totally different route from last year didn't know there was so much to ride there thanks to rob for leading us round again and people for offers of bits only bad thing was my rather foolish decision to fit the tyres of terror the night before:|
Cheers
Spence
Anybody want some onza tyres there really good honest

It was a great day out and i thought the route/ride was excellent. Some amazing descending and some nice climbs to get the HR up :shock: Stunning views and nice weather, particularly nice in the morning.

Thanks to Rob for organising it, route was great and pub was great.

I've not had time to go through all the footage but here is one i have uploaded, the first real descent of the day, elbows, bullying the lot :D :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67nxp_s0hwE[/youtube]

Back