Feedback
View
The Retrobike National MTB Event Series 2013

Round 2: The Long Mynd ~ Shropshire

:: Date: Sunday 28th April 2013
:: Time: 10am for a 10:30am start.
:: Meeting at: Car Park opposite Bridges pub SY5 0SP  Grid ref: SO 39327 96433
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9LnN5NSUyY ... DguMDI5Mzg

If you were at last year's Mynd ride THIS IS A DIFFERENT MEETING POINT.
There is no car park charge.

:: Terrain: A bit of everything including a long road climb to start the day. Sorry. Open exposed moorland, the key word being EXPOSED.
Not particularly rocky,  very retro-rigid friendly,  long descents more than pay back the effort of the climbs.
|Like it says above, this is a fairly exposed ride, so be prepared.|

:: NO HELMET, NO RIDE

RB-Long-Mynd-08.jpg

:: Route: This is a different route from last year, a figure of eight centred on the pub at Bridges. Total distance for the day is approx 20 miles split about 11/9 am/pm. Lunch at Bridges by popular demand.  Pre-ordering is essential and a menu will be posted two weeks before the ride. 

:: Directions: As stated above.   The car-park is opposite the pub.

:: Accommodation:Bridges has accommodation, and there is a Youth Hostel 3 minutes walk away.

RB-Long-Mynd-03.jpg

Last years aftermath here: --> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=225305

Hoping to be there really enjoyed it last time and the pub lunch is great just remember the first hill after lunch isnt easy if youve eaten too much!!!

great ride this one,but i cannot make it this year due to riding somewhere else.the highlight,s of last years ride where

1, john,s homophobic verbal attack on a 7 stone man in a running vest.......they dont call him the guv,nor for nothing
2, captaincosmic putting a 1" innertube in a 2" tyre,and wondering why it toook a while to pump up
3, fat nelson
4, feetabix,s gilf pulling attempt

what a great day out

she was hot!.....i think i was checking her out in that photo above by the look of it!.....

captaincosmic":3bzvp8qd said:
Matt you summed up the day so succinctly I am still laughing as I type :D you will be sadly missed

I'll second that! :LOL:

Wouldn't miss this, guessing the route's going to be exactly what I want too. Fingers crossed the delicious barmaid is on duty again :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back