Official RB Mayhem Stand Team Appeal

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
RB Mountain Mayhem Stand Team

Retrobike.co.uk needs you.

Right folks, along with the official RB race teams entering in this year’s Mountain Mayhem, we at RB towers now need to recruit a team to help man/ run the ever popular Retrobike MM stand.

These heroes of the HQ are just as important as our boys and girls getting muddy out of the front lines and vital to this year’s inevitable growth in retro interest.

Stand duties will include meeting and greeting, fielding questions, showing off lovely bike exotica, flogging T-Shirts and stickers, rotating the displayed bikes and generally being on hand to make sure all runs smoothly (and no one walks off with a Gator Fade Klein). It was THE place to hang out last year seeing loads of interest and really felt like a base camp for the teams and members alike, not to mention the pride of displaying the best bikes at the event. :cool:

Ideally we'd like to get a number of definates to be able to get enough cover that people could just do a couple of hours stints and have the whole thing roughly organised and covered.

We’d like to get some names down for those who are coming and would be interested in helping out and making the RB stand even more popular than it was last year, so can anyone that would be able to help out and spread the gospel at MM, please PM me and we can put together a Stand team and make this another pivotal event for the Retro movement.

Thanks

The Mods.

I'll be there so put me down for a stint, I can bring my bike for the stand too when I'm not riding it.... I'll even put on the pretty bits when I stop riding.

Also don't know if we had one previously but what about a component cabinet, select items displayed - do a BOTM type poll to select the most iconic parts for the "retrobike museum" -- obviously the parts would need to come from people visiting the show.... I'm sure Jez has enough to start us off.

Our Man!

Love the component sideboard idea - Ed and I can pick up something kitsch and seventies looking on the Thursday from a local charity shop, I'm sure!

TK - don't be lending yourself out too freely now, remember your the Sports Casuals gimp, not the Retrobike Mods!!! ;)
Mr

Capt K

TK,

Yup, love that idea. :D Brilliant.

Maybe we should recreate a shop of delights from bitd. Ha ha. Including grumpy shop owner and pet mut. :LOL:

A glass cabinet full of bike exotica from bitd. Genius and will lure people closer in too... :D

What size stand are we having this year :?: Are we going for something bigger :?: I can get hold of a small marque :idea: Will cost factor in, if so then we could have a whip round ;)

need to check but id love to be able to help out..im certainly no racer and the idea of helping on the stand appeals!

Already mentioned this via PM....but if I'm in the country at the time (Mrs Neill's 40th around this time) then I may well be able to come along and help for the Saturday, and hopefully bring a Garage Queen or two :)

mm

can help out between laps

i'm racing with a modern bike team this year but am well up for a stint if it helps..

can also bring me 1992 clockwork that nearly won BOTM
:cry: :LOL:

cheers dave ;)

Ok time wise im available for a few hours mid saturday if thats of any use.

One question (please forgive my nobbie ness on this) Do we have to pay to get in to help? (never been before)

Back