Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:12 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:34 pm 
Dirt Disciple

The wife is supposed to be racing at FoD this weekend,on her Super 8, but has been postponed till the following weekend due to snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Location: Near a tree, by a river in a hole in the ground....
There's also a guy I know called Mike Marsden who runs Borderline events, he had a pre 2000 cat at some of his races but nobody entered....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm 
Retro Guru

daj wrote:
I agree either could work , there has been loads of interest so really what it needs rather than discussing Categories etc.

1, A leader or group to bring the idea to actually happen
2, A venue
3, A date that does not clash with regional or national dates.

So does anyone want to put themselves forward to be part of a group to get all this going? I would like to help as much as possible but I don't think it should be down to an individual, a group is needed to ensure that this thing is done right for the masses.

Also does anyone know what track Pearce Cycles use? They have an advert atm about private uplift days..minimum of 20 people but this could be useful?? Just a thought..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 pm 
Retro Guru

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
daj wrote:
I agree either could work , there has been loads of interest so really what it needs rather than discussing Categories etc.

1, A leader or group to bring the idea to actually happen
2, A venue
3, A date that does not clash with regional or national dates.

So does anyone want to put themselves forward to be part of a group to get all this going? I would like to help as much as possible but I don't think it should be down to an individual, a group is needed to ensure that this thing is done right for the masses.

Also does anyone know what track Pearce Cycles use? They have an advert atm about private uplift days..minimum of 20 people but this could be useful?? Just a thought..

Pearce Cycles use Hopton Woods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:22 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Baring in mind interest in this came from North of the Border aswell as deepest Englandshire choosing a venue in the Forest of Dean is a bit of a bugger for those not in the south of this Sceptred Isle :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 pm 
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC
Lincs, East and South Yorks Deputy AEC

why do just 1? each area could do their own, then possibly have a national at mayhem or summit?? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 pm 
Retro Guru

velomaniac wrote:
Baring in mind interest in this came from North of the Border aswell as deepest Englandshire choosing a venue in the Forest of Dean is a bit of a bugger for those not in the south of this Sceptred Isle :roll:

I don't really care where this takes place, as long as is does!! The old Innerleithen track is as good as any for me. What about setting up a poll with all the suggestions so far??? Innerleithen, Warncliff, Malverns, FoD....anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:42 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
velomaniac wrote:

I don't really care where this takes place, as long as is does!! The old Innerleithen track is as good as any for me. What about setting up a poll with all the suggestions so far??? Innerleithen, Warncliff, Malverns, FoD....anymore?

To be honest I was enquiring to just see the response from a company that deals in such events on smaller scale for costs/numbers required etc.

Dont think it really takes rocket science either to work out in reality people are very doubtful going to travel the full length of GB for such a event so a northern venue and southern would make sense?

And of course now velomaniac has just taken on finding a Northern venue? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

PPlenty of the N.Y. moors and Yorks. dales go downhill for a long time as do the Northumberland Nat. Park.

I guess lakes and peaks do too.

I wonder if we can get a DH a a proper I mean XC race going in the NE Yorks retro national weekener, not sure what Vern has planned.
Of course anything we plan up here will be late 80 early 90 targeted of course. Don't want them modern things on retro rides ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

It would seem sensible in 2013 just to try and pull off just one DH day and see how that goes. Attaching it to a national meet at a hilly central location would be an idea and Yorkshire ticks the boxes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6