Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
The Retrobike RetroRoadRide Series 2013

Round 1: Gospel Pass Ride

gospel_187_zps3f8e4bcb.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 23rd February 2013
:: Distance/time: 65 miles with a stop for food at a pub or café as the group prefers. Several short cut options available in case of mechanicals/weather.
:: Meeting at: Hampton Bishop Village Hall, Herefordshire. Given the time of year and needing to maximize light, please arrive by 9.30 a.m. for a 10 a.m. start.
:: Directions: Postcode: HR1 2JY, grid reference SO558382. From Hereford take B4224 Fownhope road. After 3 miles enter the village, past Bunch of Carrotts pub. Take 3rd road on the left at bus shelter, also signed church and village hall. This road is Church Lane. Continue along the lane passing the church on the left hand side. After 100yards (at noticeboard) turn left signposted village hall. The hall is 60yards at the end of the road.
:: Terrain: Quiet country lanes with a decent bit of climbing thrown in.
:: Route: Basically Hampton Bishop to Holme Lacy to Kings Thorn to Wormelow to Orcop to Kentchurch to Skenfrith to Pandy to Llanthony to Capel-y-ffin, crest Gospel Pass then a thrilling descent down into Hay-on-Wye before heading back to Hampton Bishop via Bredwardine, Madley and Hereford

A good opportunity to continue preparations for the Spring Classics (or simply a target to try to shift the Christmas excess). A select group rode the route in November 2012 and you can read about how they got on here viewtopic.php?p=1731480#1731480 and, if you fancy it, get signed up.

[Note that points will be awarded across the Road Series so why not get a few in early doors].

Attendees:
ededwards
daj
tarloone
vivelesalpes
bobbinogs
HarryCrumb
retro_steel
drystonepaul

That's a great route Ed, sadly have other commitments on this date or would have been there. Look forward to the pics and aftermath.

Mmmm. Two days after my wedding anniversary. At Least I will have spent some time with my family in the run up should I expire half way up the hill!

Sadly coinciding with Worcester St Johns cycle jumble - So i miss another classic day out ont bike!

Though in a glass half full capacity - I've made good progress in amassing enough bits to finally go Retro.

I

tarloone":t9ip4d6y said:
Sadly coinciding with Worcester St Johns cycle jumble - So i miss another classic day out ont bike!

Though in a glass half full capacity - I've made good progress in amassing enough bits to finally go Retro.

I

If you're not coming who will be standing at the top of all the hills to shout gentlemanly encouragements as we all trail in behind you?

Ooh, that jumble sounds good! Unless the weather improves Sherpas and an ice axe might be better than a bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back