2012 Twizzer Aftermath. 'The Browning Version'

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
22 riders give or take all brown by the end of it.

Except the loan rider with the full length mudguards...

A car full of stash.

A belly full of mince pies and Quality Street.

Knackered legs.

Enjoy the clean up!

Other highlights include the Browning shifting demonstration, hardcore brake block rim action, knackered tyres and freebie frames.

Thanks to all the organisers. Very enjoyable day out.
Got grit in every crevice -- on my bike.
Was interesting to have no major mechanicals. And to pass many full sussers upside down being repaired.

Bike is hosed off and oiled. The rest can wait till tomorrow.

Top day and a fine way to round off another Retrobike year. Thanks to all those involved on organising us.

The weather turned out not too bad - the torrential downpours having got their act together early on during the drive up.

Picture from one of the re-grouping pauses.

Attachments

• IMG_0596_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_0596_edited-1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4,087
A big thank you to every one for making me feel welcome. Im sorry my bike wasn't retro but my body is. really enjoyed it

Thanks to all. Despite that barrel of beer sitting there it was the hot Bovril that won it for me at the end.

Baptism of Fire for my clockwork orange. It languished unloved and scrapped for many a year. Rescued it a few weeks ago, finished repairing it yesterday afternoon with no time to test ride it. So its first ride was today - held up well but I have to say that having never ridden a retro bike before it gave me a few frights in places.

Rob

Great ride today despite the continuous re-application of wet abrasive dirt for several hours.
Thankfully the rain washed it off as well.

Brilliant turn out too for a wet weekday in December, with several familiar and quite a few new faces.
The summary execution of hard to replace bikes and parts was impressive as ever, only this time accelerated by the scrape and grind of the Cannock grit.
Impressive lack of mechanicals from our group as already mentioned.
Lovely bunch of blokes to be riding with too.

A couple of memorable quotes that I remember included, "I'm being chafed to pieces" and "I don't know, all you lot with your fancy Panaracer tyres, hang on I've got Panaracer tyres..."

Kudos to the aforementioned Andy for test riding his Suntour Browning system. Really quite impressive stuff. Shame about those tyres though...
Remember... next time we need to see some Mavic Zap.

Thanks to everyone for coming along to make the day what it was.

Totally shattered but it was worth it to see the browning system worked in sand and mud and puddles and my tyres live to see another day.

Nice finish to the season was the mince pies and pork pie. Would have liked some of spence ale but I was to cold.

Wanted: ibex tyres, kool stop pads.

Thanks andy

Top ride, great to see old and new faces again. More to follow later (tomorrow) including pics...

yup, top day again guys, thank you to all involved in organizing this and all the other rides

cheers to Spencer for beer again, lovely stuff :D

cheers to the guv for cakes and hats

cheers to everyone who came, the atmosphere will always rule!!

was my first time at cannock, and will not be my last :D , found it much more fun than dalby ;)

bikes still mucky, it needs stripping and doing properly tbh

my vdub however became a little flooded inside, shit bulkhead designs and silly sat nav directions home through what seemed like lakes, have made me want a ford again lol

top day, top riders and bikes, really glad i made the effort this year

heres to 2013 :D

Back